EXCLUSIVE: It’s become tradition for members of the Saturday Night Live cast to get their shots in features put together by the show’s longtime executive producer Lorne Michaels. The latest? Kenan Thompson, who’s at the center of a deal for Party Starters, an original high-concept comedy set up at Paramount Pictures about that sort of entertainer guy who gets the old people up to dance at weddings and keeps the party rolling. Pic will be scripted by SNL writer Bryan Tucker. Thompson is a six-season cast member best known for his Bill Cosby impersonation and his “What’s Up With That?” and “Scared Straight” sketches. Michaels and John Goldwyn will produce. It’s Thompson’s first go-around in an SNL-generated film. He has been accumulating credits since he was a child actor on the Nickelodeon shows Kenan & Kel and All That, the latter of which spawned the feature Good Burger. Thompson is repped by UTA and manager Michael Goldman, Tucker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
'SNL's' Kenan Thompson At Center Of 'Party Starters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Media Groups Support Mark Boal's Refusal To Turn Over Bergdahl Tapes to Military Prosecutors
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Nails Biggest Opening Day For Franchise – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $60M+; ‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy With $26.5M; ‘Nerve’ Holds Steady – Box Office…
- Actress Constance Wu Slams ‘The Great Wall’ Trailer As Whitewashing
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…