EXCLUSIVE: It’s become tradition for members of the Saturday Night Live cast to get their shots in features put together by the show’s longtime executive producer Lorne Michaels. The latest? Kenan Thompson, who’s at the center of a deal for Party Starters, an original high-concept comedy set up at Paramount Pictures about that sort of entertainer guy who gets the old people up to dance at weddings and keeps the party rolling. Pic will be scripted by SNL writer Bryan Tucker. Thompson is a six-season cast member best known for his Bill Cosby impersonation and his “What’s Up With That?” and “Scared Straight” sketches. Michaels and John Goldwyn will produce. It’s Thompson’s first go-around in an SNL-generated film. He has been accumulating credits since he was a child actor on the Nickelodeon shows Kenan & Kel and All That, the latter of which spawned the feature Good Burger. Thompson is repped by UTA and manager Michael Goldman, Tucker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
'SNL's' Kenan Thompson At Center Of 'Party Starters'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Make Up Artists & Hair Styling Guild Sets 2019 Awards Date & Timeline
- Mike Epps Cast In ‘Troupe Zero’ Movie From Amazon Studios
- David Gyasi Joins Disney’s ‘Maleficent’ Sequel
- CBS Slams “Disloyal” Shari Redstone In Attempt To Toss Bylaw Change That Could Lead To Viacom Merger
- LeBron James & Channing Tatum Team For New Line Action Comedy
- Equality Writes Launches As UK Study Finds Just 16% Of Film Scribes Are Women