EXCLUSIVE: It’s become tradition for members of the Saturday Night Live cast to get their shots in features put together by the show’s longtime executive producer Lorne Michaels. The latest? Kenan Thompson, who’s at the center of a deal for Party Starters, an original high-concept comedy set up at Paramount Pictures about that sort of entertainer guy who gets the old people up to dance at weddings and keeps the party rolling. Pic will be scripted by SNL writer Bryan Tucker. Thompson is a six-season cast member best known for his Bill Cosby impersonation and his “What’s Up With That?” and “Scared Straight” sketches. Michaels and John Goldwyn will produce. It’s Thompson’s first go-around in an SNL-generated film. He has been accumulating credits since he was a child actor on the Nickelodeon shows Kenan & Kel and All That, the latter of which spawned the feature Good Burger. Thompson is repped by UTA and manager Michael Goldman, Tucker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
'SNL's' Kenan Thompson At Center Of 'Party Starters'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
Latest Film News
- Seth Grahame-Smith Racing Toward ‘The Flash’ Directing Gig
- Luke Wilson & Judy Greer Join ‘Measure Of A Man’
- ‘No Men Beyond This Point’ Sci-Fi Comedy Lands At Samuel Goldwyn
- FandangoLabs Launches To Develop Moviegoing Products & Services
- Rising Star Bel Powley To Topline ‘Wildling’; Liv Tyler and Trudie Styler’s Maven To Produce
- Channing Tatum & Weinstein Set Mike Vukadinovich To Write ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’