At ages 63 and 65, Elton John and Helen Mirren hardly fit the “rookie” label, but the two will make their debuts as hosts on NBC’s Saturday Night Live next month. John will host April 2 and be a musical guest along with Leon Russell. Oscar winner Mirren, who is promoting Arthur, will host April 9 with musical guest Foo Fighters.
'SNL' Books Elton John, Helen Mirren As Hosts
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips