Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'