Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur