Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- MTV’s ‘Eye Candy’ Cancelled After First Season
- Ben Powers Dies: ‘Good Times’ Actor Was 64
- Pete Rose Hired As Fox Sports Guest Analyst, Commentator
- Jonathan Crombie Dies: Actor Known For Canada’s ‘Anne Of Green Gables’ TV Series
- ‘The Messengers’ Off To Low Ratings Start, ‘Last Man’ & ‘Cristela’ End Seasons
- It’s Raining Paul Shaffer’s Greatest Hits, As Dave Letterman Ponders Grand Finale