Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Toronto To Open With 'The Magnificent Seven'; 'La La Land', 'Deepwater Horizon' Among Galas & Presentations
Latest TV News
- DNC Day 1 Broadcast Ratings Tick Up From RNC, ‘The Bachelorette’ Steady
- Spike Orders ‘Caraoke Showdown’ Game Show Series Hosted By Craig Robinson
- ‘Designated Survivor’: Virginia Madsen Joins New ABC Series In Key Role
- Stephen Colbert Guest Anthony Weiner Demonstrates Why Politicians In Sexting Scandals Should Not Try Comedy
- Digital Domain Sets 360° Virtual Reality Livestream Of Democratic Convention
- AMC Networks Launching Five MENA Channels With Qatar’s beIN Pay TV Platform