Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Little Big Shots’: NBC Orders ‘Forever Young’ Spinoff Series Featuring Seniors From Ellen DeGeneres…
- Garret Dillahunt To Topline Rod Lurie’s TNT Drama Pilot 'Monsters of God'
- Alfred Hitchcock Anthology Series In The Works By Universal Cable Prods & Vermilion
- ‘Damnation’: Lead Aden Young Exits USA Pilot
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’: ‘Hamilton’s Anthony Ramos Cast In Spike Lee Netflix Series
- Dance Drama From Jennifer Beals, Kenny Ortega & ‘Hit The Floor’ Creator Set At Fox