Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jim Sheridan To Adapt His Movie 'In America' As HBO Drama Series With FtvS
- 'Supergirl' Drama From Greg Berlanti & Ali Adler Lands CBS Series Commitment
- Endemol Studios Signs Byron Balasco For Its First Overall Deal
- Ian Sander & Kim Moses Ink First-Look Deal With 20th TV, Set Biblical Drama At Amazon
- Legal Drama From Jerry Bruckheimer & Rick Eid Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- Kevin Connolly To Star In Fox Fantasy Football Comedy From Matthew Berry