Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Chicago PD’ Surprise: Brian Geraghty Exiting NBC Show
- ‘Nashville’ Creator & Producers On Finale: “We Have Stories Left To Tell”
- ‘Nashville’ Finale Opts For Cliffhanger Ending Amid Hope For Season 5 Elsewhere
- Donald Trump Tells Jimmy Kimmel How He Comes Up With All Those Nicknames
- Shawn Dunn Boards Original Force As CTO; Pamela Wolfe Named HR Executive VP At Starz
- Donald Trump Tapes ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ While Protesters Attract Media & Cops