Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Michael Wolff To Bill Maher: ‘Fire And Fury’ Has “Incendiary” Unsolved Secret
- TV News Pundits Plotz As Senate Vote Flops, Signaling Government Shutdown
- Fox Orders Three Pilots: Comedies ‘Our People’ & ‘Rel’, Musical Drama ‘Mixtape’
- Tim Doyle 1970s Family Comedy Gets ABC Pilot Order
- Endemol: Reality TV Crew Was Carrying New Product, Not Fake Bomb – Update
- Dorothy Malone Dies: Oscar Winner, ‘Peyton Place’ Star Was 92