Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan and Michael Boatman are set to co-star opposite Christine Lahti in CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor. Written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter, the project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Emily (Lahti) a mother who reconnects with her two adult children – son David (Foley) and daughter Natasha (Eva Amurri) when she joins the family medical practice after the death of her husband Ben. Emily is taking over Ben’s third of the practice, which he ran with his friend Jason (MacLachlan), a sympathetic pediatrician who has always harbored feelings for Emily, and David. Spin City alum Boatman will play the chief of staff at the hospital where Emily is doing her residency who becomes her mentor. Both Foley, repped by Paradigm, and MacLachlan, repped by Gersh and Management 360, recently did stints on hit ABC series: Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, respectively.
Scott Foley, Kyle MacLachlan & Michael Boatman Cast In CBS Pilot 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest TV News
- ‘Legion’ EP Noah Hawley On Tonight’s Finale, Season 2 & Patrick Stewart
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’ Head Writer A.D. Miles Exits
- CBS Entertainment President Glenn Geller On Medical Leave Through Upfronts
- Lindsey Kraft To Co-Star In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Living Biblically’
- Amazon Tuning Grateful Dead TV Series; ‘Straight Outta Compton’s Jonathan Herman To Write