The ramifications of Comcast’s takeover of NBC Universal continue to be felt overseas too. Roma Khanna, president of Universal Networks International, has decided to quit NBCU International. Kevin MacLellan is moving from Los Angeles to London having been named president, international television. He’s a Comcast guy, and the move underscores the cable TV giant asserting its grip internationally under new NBCUniversal International chairman Jeff Shell, formerly president of Comcast Programming Group, whose appointment prompted last month’s exit of Peter Smith, the popular president of NBCU International. Khanna denies that her decision to quit has anything to do with MacLellan getting the top job. “I think Kevin is a great choice,” she tells me. “Jeff Shell offered me a role and we had a really great conversation about it, but it wasn’t something that I wanted to do.” Belinda Menendez, president of NBCU international TV distribution, is also relocating from LA to London. Menendez’s new expanded role will see her not only being in charge of TV program distribution, but also taking over Khanna’s job of running NBCU’s overseas channels business, Universal Networks International. These include channels Syfy Universal, Diva Universal and 13th Street Universal. Rowan Conn has been named chief financial officer.
Roma Khanna Out At NBCU International, Kevin MacLellan Gets Top Job
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest International News
- Cannes Classics: Orson Welles Doc, ‘Bicycle Thieves’, ‘Big Blue’, ‘Grease’…
- BBC Developing Entertainment Competition Format ‘First And Last’ From Endemol Shine’s Zeppotron
- The Royal Prince: U.S., International Media Welcome Kate & William’s Third #RoyalBaby
- Warner Bros Promotes Korean Execs; Cineflix Hires Newen Chief; BBC Studios Opens Drama Unit – Global Briefs
- ‘The King’s Speech’ & ‘Wolf Hall’ Financier Hindsight Splashes On Sci-Fi Spec ‘Anima…
- NFL Anthem Protest Leader Colin Kaepernick: Police Actions Are “Lawful Lynching”