EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just heard that Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media has closed a new round of financing with its longtime financial backer, New York-based hedge fund Elliott Associates. The amount is “in the $100s millions” which, according to my source, “is substantial enough to allow Relativity to close pending transactions which ensures that the company can produce, finance, and market enough films to make it competitive with, if not more so, than any major studio”. Ryan Kavanaugh confirmed my scoop and just told me, “We doubled in size and went from a production company to a studio. We have more capital needs.” Meanwhile, Elliott is proving the most patient of financiers.
Relativity Receives More Hedge Fund Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- Charlize Theron Champions Female Directors & More Pics Like ‘Wonder Woman’ – Comic-Con
- Warner Bros. Confirms DC Universe Pic Titles: ‘Wonder Woman II’, ‘Flashpoint’ & More – Comic-Con
- Sony Options Female-Empowerment Comic ‘Princeless’ For Movie – Comic-Con
- Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? – Comic-Con
- Ben Affleck Refutes ‘Batman’ Exit Rumor: “So Thrilled To Do It” – Comic-Con