EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just heard that Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media has closed a new round of financing with its longtime financial backer, New York-based hedge fund Elliott Associates. The amount is “in the $100s millions” which, according to my source, “is substantial enough to allow Relativity to close pending transactions which ensures that the company can produce, finance, and market enough films to make it competitive with, if not more so, than any major studio”. Ryan Kavanaugh confirmed my scoop and just told me, “We doubled in size and went from a production company to a studio. We have more capital needs.” Meanwhile, Elliott is proving the most patient of financiers.
Relativity Receives More Hedge Fund Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Joss Whedon Exits Warner Bros’ ‘Batgirl’ Movie
- Rob Reiner’s ‘Shock And Awe’ To Hit Theaters This Summer With Vertical & DirecTV Deal
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- Peter Bart: ‘Black Panther’ Registers Global Social & Box Office Impact, Even Setting Records On Turbulent…
- Oscars: History Is Made Several Times Over In The Best Documentary Feature Race
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89