Well, now there will be two judges on big singing-competition series dropping Mariah Carey’s name. Sources confirm that Island Def Jam Music Group chairman and CEO Antonio “L.A.” Reid is in negotiations to join Simon Cowell’s upcoming X Factor on Fox to serve as as a judge alongside Cowell. Reid has guided the careers of Carey, Justin Bieber, Usher, Rihanna, Kanye West, Pink and Toni Braxton. American Idol judge Randy Jackson, of course, has also worked with Carey, a fact he loves to bring up on the veteran reality show. And Cowell has said publicly that he wants Carey herself to be a judge on X Factor. Along with the judge search, Fox and Cowell are also looking for a host for the series, with Enrique Iglesias among those approached. X Factor auditions begin March 27.
Record Executive L.A. Reid Negotiating For 'X Factor' Judging Gig
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres