Well, now there will be two judges on big singing-competition series dropping Mariah Carey’s name. Sources confirm that Island Def Jam Music Group chairman and CEO Antonio “L.A.” Reid is in negotiations to join Simon Cowell’s upcoming X Factor on Fox to serve as as a judge alongside Cowell. Reid has guided the careers of Carey, Justin Bieber, Usher, Rihanna, Kanye West, Pink and Toni Braxton. American Idol judge Randy Jackson, of course, has also worked with Carey, a fact he loves to bring up on the veteran reality show. And Cowell has said publicly that he wants Carey herself to be a judge on X Factor. Along with the judge search, Fox and Cowell are also looking for a host for the series, with Enrique Iglesias among those approached. X Factor auditions begin March 27.
Record Executive L.A. Reid Negotiating For 'X Factor' Judging Gig
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates