Twilight alumna Rachelle Lefevre has been tapped as the female lead in the NBC drama pilot The Crossing. Written by Josh Brand, it is set in a Missouri town during the post-Civil War Reconstruction era and centers on Jason, a Civil War soldier who crosses the country and settles into a complicated town where he is welcomed as its savior. Lefevre will play Anna, a war widow in the town who watched helplessly as Union soldiers burned her husband and two little boys alive in their barn. Now living with her five-year-old daughter, Anna is smitten with Jason at first meeting and embarks on a torrid affair with the troubled outsider. For Lefevre, the casting is in second position to ABC’s midseason medical drama Off the Map. Lefevre, repped by Gersh and Pearl Hanan Management, most recently co-starred in the features Barney’s Version and Casino Jack.
Rachelle Lefevre To Star In NBC's 'The Crossing'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Smits Joins ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ In Major Season 4 Guest Arc
- A+E Networks Elevates Robert Sharenow To Programming President, Eli Lehrer Joins History As EVP
- Matt Loeb Re-Elected IATSE President
- Sinclair And Nexstar Vow To Share Spectrum To Help Next-Gen TV Transition
- Comic-Con: ‘Sherlock’ EPs Tease Another Season Of Benedict Cumberbatch-Led Series, Maybe
- Chester Bennington Dies In Apparent Suicide: Linkin Park Singer Was 41