Twilight alumna Rachelle Lefevre has been tapped as the female lead in the NBC drama pilot The Crossing. Written by Josh Brand, it is set in a Missouri town during the post-Civil War Reconstruction era and centers on Jason, a Civil War soldier who crosses the country and settles into a complicated town where he is welcomed as its savior. Lefevre will play Anna, a war widow in the town who watched helplessly as Union soldiers burned her husband and two little boys alive in their barn. Now living with her five-year-old daughter, Anna is smitten with Jason at first meeting and embarks on a torrid affair with the troubled outsider. For Lefevre, the casting is in second position to ABC’s midseason medical drama Off the Map. Lefevre, repped by Gersh and Pearl Hanan Management, most recently co-starred in the features Barney’s Version and Casino Jack.
Rachelle Lefevre To Star In NBC's 'The Crossing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Freddie Highmore On Going From Bad Norman Bates To ‘The Good Doctor’ – The Actor’s Side
- Former NXIVM Member Sarah Edmondson To Star In Documentary Series Produced By Brian Graden
- Nkechi Carroll Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Purge’: William Baldwin Set To Recur In USA/Syfy Series
- ‘Roseanne’ Repeats Tie ‘The Voice’ For Top Spot Tuesday
- Golden Globes: Limited Series Category, Ensemble Cast Designations Get Rules Tweaks