A holding company that oversees the theme parks said in a regulatory filing this week that the private-equity group has offered to sell its 50% stake in the Florida parks to NBC Universal, which owns the rest of the venture. Comcast-owned NBCU has until June 12 to make a call on that offer; after that, Blackstone can try and sell off all of Universal Orlando to a third party.
Private-equity Blackstone Group Wants Out of Universal Orlando
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'