It is not MTV’s flagship series anymore (that would be Jersey Shore), but The Real World continues to be a signature series for the cable channel and the show that started the current docu-reality craze. Now MTV announced it is renewing the reality veteran for Seasons 27 and 28. Currently airing its 25th season, and in casting for its 26th season, MTV’s The Real World is to date the longest-running reality series in history. The current season is set in Las Vegas and has ranked No.1 with persons 12-34 in its time period. Last week’s episode averaged a 2.3 rating (in 12-34) and 2.2 million total viewers, up 28% from the previous week’s season premiere. “The Real World has remained relevant for 25 seasons because it continues to capture the lives of young adults, hold a mirror to the challenges they face, and truly reflect the current generation,” the show’s exec producer Jonathan Murray said. He created the series with Mary-Ellis Bunim.
MTV Picks Up Two More Seasons Of 'The Real World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Latest TV News
- ‘Brown Girls’: Andrew Lees, Omar Maskati & Natalie Dreyfuss Join Freeform Comedy Pilot
- ‘UnReal’: Caitlin FitzGerald Joins Lifetime Series As Everlasting’s “Suitress”
- Veteran Producer & Longtime CBS Exec David Brownfield Tapped As The Mark Gordon Company EVP
- Hollywood Remembers “Brilliant”, “Hilarious” Miguel Ferrer
- Late Miguel Ferrer Leaves Behind More ‘NCIS: LA’ Episodes, ‘Twin Peaks’ Return
- ABC Makes Sundance History With ‘Downward Dog’ Premiere