It is not MTV’s flagship series anymore (that would be Jersey Shore), but The Real World continues to be a signature series for the cable channel and the show that started the current docu-reality craze. Now MTV announced it is renewing the reality veteran for Seasons 27 and 28. Currently airing its 25th season, and in casting for its 26th season, MTV’s The Real World is to date the longest-running reality series in history. The current season is set in Las Vegas and has ranked No.1 with persons 12-34 in its time period. Last week’s episode averaged a 2.3 rating (in 12-34) and 2.2 million total viewers, up 28% from the previous week’s season premiere. “The Real World has remained relevant for 25 seasons because it continues to capture the lives of young adults, hold a mirror to the challenges they face, and truly reflect the current generation,” the show’s exec producer Jonathan Murray said. He created the series with Mary-Ellis Bunim.
MTV Picks Up Two More Seasons Of 'The Real World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Todd Margaret’ Season 3 Gets January Premiere On IFC
- Lynn Collins, Athena Karkanis, Carly Pope & Barbara Eve Harris Join USA Pilot ‘Poor Richard’s Almanack’
- BBC’s ‘Great British Bake-Off’ Scores Delicious Ratings, Positive Vibes
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Adds Melanie Liburd As A Red Priestess
- Dick Costolo Segues From Twitter CEO To HBO’s ‘Silicon Valley’
- ‘The Outs’ Web Series, Aidy Bryant Short & More On Vimeo Slate