It is not MTV’s flagship series anymore (that would be Jersey Shore), but The Real World continues to be a signature series for the cable channel and the show that started the current docu-reality craze. Now MTV announced it is renewing the reality veteran for Seasons 27 and 28. Currently airing its 25th season, and in casting for its 26th season, MTV’s The Real World is to date the longest-running reality series in history. The current season is set in Las Vegas and has ranked No.1 with persons 12-34 in its time period. Last week’s episode averaged a 2.3 rating (in 12-34) and 2.2 million total viewers, up 28% from the previous week’s season premiere. “The Real World has remained relevant for 25 seasons because it continues to capture the lives of young adults, hold a mirror to the challenges they face, and truly reflect the current generation,” the show’s exec producer Jonathan Murray said. He created the series with Mary-Ellis Bunim.
MTV Picks Up Two More Seasons Of 'The Real World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest TV News
- TNT’s Miami Drug-Trade Drama To Be Redeveloped
- Jason Alexander Will Take Over When Larry David Leaves His ‘Fish In The Dark’
- PBS Already Has Talked To Julian Fellowes About Next Masterpiece Drama
- Starz Rises To No. 2 Pay Cable Network In Subscribers
- #8216;Downton Abbey’s Gareth Neame On Series End: “We Know Exactly The Story We Want To Tell” (6 Seasons…
- ‘Mr. Robinson’ & ‘The Carmichael Show’ To Debut In August; NBC Sets ‘Welcome To Sweden’ Return, Other…