Its Depression Era setting puts HBO’s new miniseries Mildred Pierce between the events in John Adams and Generation Kill. The premiere ratings for the mini starring Kate Winslet (1.3 million viewers) fell between those two HBO minis, too (1.8 million for the opener of John Adams, 1 million for Part 1 of Generation Kill). Given its star power — directed by Todd Haynes and co-starring Guy Pearce and Evan Rachel Wood — the mini could’ve done better, but the dysfunctional family story at its center is not particularly commercial. HBO’s top-performing recent miniseries was last year’s big-budget World War II saga The Pacific, which opened with 3.1 million viewers.
'Mildred Pierce' Premiere Ratings Fall Between 'John Adams' & 'Generation Kill'
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two