Its Depression Era setting puts HBO’s new miniseries Mildred Pierce between the events in John Adams and Generation Kill. The premiere ratings for the mini starring Kate Winslet (1.3 million viewers) fell between those two HBO minis, too (1.8 million for the opener of John Adams, 1 million for Part 1 of Generation Kill). Given its star power — directed by Todd Haynes and co-starring Guy Pearce and Evan Rachel Wood — the mini could’ve done better, but the dysfunctional family story at its center is not particularly commercial. HBO’s top-performing recent miniseries was last year’s big-budget World War II saga The Pacific, which opened with 3.1 million viewers.
'Mildred Pierce' Premiere Ratings Fall Between 'John Adams' & 'Generation Kill'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Freedia’, ‘Fluffy’ & ‘Transcendent’ Renewed By Fuse
- ‘The Daily Show’ Unveils ‘Trumpire’
- ‘My Friend 50’ Comedy Featuring 50 Cent Set At Fox; He & Will Packer Will Produce
- Bethenny Frankel Inks Overall Deal With Leftfield Entertainment
- ‘Gotham’ Ties ‘Supergirl’ For First Time In Live+SD, ‘Superstore’ Gets Sampled
- Anthony Anderson To Host NAACP Image Awards Through 2017