I don’t understand why any movie studio today would announce a production deal with Janet Jackson’s jdj Entertainment “to select, develop, and produce a motion picture” since she has zero following among filmgoers. Because her last name is Jackson? Because she’s a favorite of Tyler Perry? (His movies with her make the same money as his movies without her.) Here’s an idea: why doesn’t Lionsgate just turn the entire studio over to Tyler since he’s calling all the shots these days. I figure Perry couldn’t do any worse than Joe Drake.
Lionsgate Makes Stupid Production Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest Film News
- Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories Lands First Book: ‘The House On Langley Lake’
- Maika Monroe & Jeremy Allen White To Star In Hannah Marks-Helmed ‘Shotgun’
- Greg Kinnear Attached To Star in Ken Kwapis’ ‘Piano Lessons’
- About 75% Of Screens Receive Movies Via Satellite, Digital Cinema Group Says
- Lionsgate Taps ‘Highlander’ Creator Gregory Widen To Script Film On First Black Samurai
- Connor Swindells Joins Gerard Butler & Peter Mullan In ‘Keepers’