Screenwriter Stan Chervin and producer Rachael Horovitz have teamed to option the Bill Buford 2006 memoir Heat: An Amateur’s Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker and Apprentice to a Dante-quoting Butcher in Tuscany. Chervin and Horovitz were the duo that got the ball rolling on Moneyball, on which she was a producer and Chervin a writer. The Bennett Miller-directed pic stars Brad Pitt. Heat, which made the bestseller lists, tells the story of Buford’s journey from New Yorker magazine fiction editor to an amateur line cook and culinary apprentice. That led to a gig as Mario Batali’s “kitchen bitch” in the chef’s restaurant Babbo. Horovitz is developing through her Specialty Films banner. ICM repped Chervin.
'Kitchen Slave' Memoir Gets Film Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…