Screenwriter Stan Chervin and producer Rachael Horovitz have teamed to option the Bill Buford 2006 memoir Heat: An Amateur’s Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker and Apprentice to a Dante-quoting Butcher in Tuscany. Chervin and Horovitz were the duo that got the ball rolling on Moneyball, on which she was a producer and Chervin a writer. The Bennett Miller-directed pic stars Brad Pitt. Heat, which made the bestseller lists, tells the story of Buford’s journey from New Yorker magazine fiction editor to an amateur line cook and culinary apprentice. That led to a gig as Mario Batali’s “kitchen bitch” in the chef’s restaurant Babbo. Horovitz is developing through her Specialty Films banner. ICM repped Chervin.
'Kitchen Slave' Memoir Gets Film Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release