Screenwriter Stan Chervin and producer Rachael Horovitz have teamed to option the Bill Buford 2006 memoir Heat: An Amateur’s Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker and Apprentice to a Dante-quoting Butcher in Tuscany. Chervin and Horovitz were the duo that got the ball rolling on Moneyball, on which she was a producer and Chervin a writer. The Bennett Miller-directed pic stars Brad Pitt. Heat, which made the bestseller lists, tells the story of Buford’s journey from New Yorker magazine fiction editor to an amateur line cook and culinary apprentice. That led to a gig as Mario Batali’s “kitchen bitch” in the chef’s restaurant Babbo. Horovitz is developing through her Specialty Films banner. ICM repped Chervin.
'Kitchen Slave' Memoir Gets Film Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?
- Ralph Macchio Pic ‘Lost Cat Corona’ Acquired By Virgil Films; Cinelicious Pics Nabs ‘Dark Night’
- Paulo Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’ Movie To Be Made By TriStar & PalmStar
- Ioan Gruffudd Joins Mel Gibson & Sean Penn For ‘The Professor And The Madman’
- Shirley Jones And Robert Wagner Join ‘Together’ With Paul Duddridge At Helm