Screenwriter Stan Chervin and producer Rachael Horovitz have teamed to option the Bill Buford 2006 memoir Heat: An Amateur’s Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker and Apprentice to a Dante-quoting Butcher in Tuscany. Chervin and Horovitz were the duo that got the ball rolling on Moneyball, on which she was a producer and Chervin a writer. The Bennett Miller-directed pic stars Brad Pitt. Heat, which made the bestseller lists, tells the story of Buford’s journey from New Yorker magazine fiction editor to an amateur line cook and culinary apprentice. That led to a gig as Mario Batali’s “kitchen bitch” in the chef’s restaurant Babbo. Horovitz is developing through her Specialty Films banner. ICM repped Chervin.
'Kitchen Slave' Memoir Gets Film Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction