Screenwriter Stan Chervin and producer Rachael Horovitz have teamed to option the Bill Buford 2006 memoir Heat: An Amateur’s Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker and Apprentice to a Dante-quoting Butcher in Tuscany. Chervin and Horovitz were the duo that got the ball rolling on Moneyball, on which she was a producer and Chervin a writer. The Bennett Miller-directed pic stars Brad Pitt. Heat, which made the bestseller lists, tells the story of Buford’s journey from New Yorker magazine fiction editor to an amateur line cook and culinary apprentice. That led to a gig as Mario Batali’s “kitchen bitch” in the chef’s restaurant Babbo. Horovitz is developing through her Specialty Films banner. ICM repped Chervin.
'Kitchen Slave' Memoir Gets Film Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
Latest Film News
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
- Edie Falco Set For Biopic ‘Megan Leavey’
- ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Acquired By FilmRise For November Bow
- ‘Ray Donovan’s Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts To Star In Chuck Wepner Underdog Ring Saga ‘The Bleeder’
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- Shout! Acquires All U.S. Rights To Arcana Studios’ H.P. Lovecraft Animated Film