EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate has set Nanny McPhee helmer Kirk Jones to direct a romantic comedy adaptation of Heidi Murkoff’s how-to manual What to Expect When You’re Expecting. Heather Hach wrote the first draft and Whip It! scribe Shauna Cross did a rewrite. Phoenix Pictures’ Mike Medavoy, Arnie Messer and David Thwaites are producing, and Doug McKay is co-producer. Murkoff and husband Erik Murkoff are exec producers with Alan Nevins. The book has sold north of 16 million copies, and is being turned into a pic in the vein of Love Actually, where five couples experience the surprises that happen when a stork visit is imminent. CAA-repped Jones made his breakthrough with Waking Ned Devine.
Kirk Jones To Helm Lionsgate's 'What To Expect When You're Expecting'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President
- Oscar Nominated Producer Jennifer Fox Nabs Film Rights To ‘Earthsea’ Book Series