EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate has set Nanny McPhee helmer Kirk Jones to direct a romantic comedy adaptation of Heidi Murkoff’s how-to manual What to Expect When You’re Expecting. Heather Hach wrote the first draft and Whip It! scribe Shauna Cross did a rewrite. Phoenix Pictures’ Mike Medavoy, Arnie Messer and David Thwaites are producing, and Doug McKay is co-producer. Murkoff and husband Erik Murkoff are exec producers with Alan Nevins. The book has sold north of 16 million copies, and is being turned into a pic in the vein of Love Actually, where five couples experience the surprises that happen when a stork visit is imminent. CAA-repped Jones made his breakthrough with Waking Ned Devine.
Kirk Jones To Helm Lionsgate's 'What To Expect When You're Expecting'
What's Hot on Deadline
Katniss Rules Wednesday On Track For $78M-$80M 5-Day; 'Good Dinosaur' Eyes $58M-$62M; 'Creed' Punching $39M-$42M
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards
- Paul Walker’s Father Sues Porsche For ‘Fast And Furious’ Actor’s Death
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets PG-13 Rating
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The…
- Elmo Williams Dies: Oscar-Winning ‘High Noon’ Editor Was 102