EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate has set Nanny McPhee helmer Kirk Jones to direct a romantic comedy adaptation of Heidi Murkoff’s how-to manual What to Expect When You’re Expecting. Heather Hach wrote the first draft and Whip It! scribe Shauna Cross did a rewrite. Phoenix Pictures’ Mike Medavoy, Arnie Messer and David Thwaites are producing, and Doug McKay is co-producer. Murkoff and husband Erik Murkoff are exec producers with Alan Nevins. The book has sold north of 16 million copies, and is being turned into a pic in the vein of Love Actually, where five couples experience the surprises that happen when a stork visit is imminent. CAA-repped Jones made his breakthrough with Waking Ned Devine.
Kirk Jones To Helm Lionsgate's 'What To Expect When You're Expecting'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest Film News
- Miles Teller Boxing Pic ‘Bleed For This’ Set For November Bow
- Foresight Adds Talia Goldman As Director Of Operations & Distribution – Cannes
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat ‘Ultron’s $191M+ Debut – Box Office…
- Maddie Hasson & Cameron Monaghan Join Stephenie Meyer’s ‘Anna Dressed In Blood’ – Cannes
- Disney Swingin’ As ‘The Jungle Book’ Beats $700M Global; ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Rises To $224.3M…
- Jack Huston & Emilia Clarke To Star In Phillip Noyce’s ‘Above Suspicion’ – Cannes