EXCLUSIVE: Julie Benz has joined her No Ordinary Family co-star Michael Chiklis in booking a pilot in second position. Benz has joined CBS’ untitled Susannah Grant drama pilot which, like NOF, has high-concept elements. Jonathan Demme is directing the supernatural medical drama, from CBS TV Studios and Timberman/Beverly, which centers on Michael (Patrick Wilson), an ultra-competitive surgeon whose life is changed forever when his ex-wife (Jennifer Ehle), a doctor running a free clinic, dies and begins teaching him what life is all about from the hereafter. Benz will play Michael’s sister, an unfocused and overwhelmed single mother with a huge heart. ICM-repped Benz co-starred on Showtime’s Dexter and recurred on ABC’s Desperate Housewives before she was cast as the female lead in NOF last year. That show’s star, Chiklis, last week signed on to topline another CBS pilot, the comedy Vince Uncensored. Both are in second position to the ABC superhero drama, which has struggled in the ratings and is doubtful to return.
Julie Benz To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed