EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Cake has been tapped for the big new male role on ABC’s Desperate Housewives as Bree’s new squeeze. Cake will recur this season, appearing in 4 episodes, and will return as a series regular next season. He will play Aaron, a handsome, sexy, college-educated police detective with strong family values who becomes involved with Bree (Marcia Cross) when he comes to Wisteria Lane to investigate a case. Brit Cake, repped by WME and Principal Entertainment, has a long-standing relationship with ABC. He starred on the network’s sandals-and-toga limited series Empire, recurred on Six Degrees, co-starred in the 2009 pilot Captain Cook’s Extraordinary Atlas and recently guest starred on Off the Map. As for Desperate Housewives, the veteran dramedy has not been officially renewed for next season pending the show’s four stars closing their new deals, something expected shortly.
Jonathan Cake Joins ABC's 'Desperate Housewives' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD