EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Cake has been tapped for the big new male role on ABC’s Desperate Housewives as Bree’s new squeeze. Cake will recur this season, appearing in 4 episodes, and will return as a series regular next season. He will play Aaron, a handsome, sexy, college-educated police detective with strong family values who becomes involved with Bree (Marcia Cross) when he comes to Wisteria Lane to investigate a case. Brit Cake, repped by WME and Principal Entertainment, has a long-standing relationship with ABC. He starred on the network’s sandals-and-toga limited series Empire, recurred on Six Degrees, co-starred in the 2009 pilot Captain Cook’s Extraordinary Atlas and recently guest starred on Off the Map. As for Desperate Housewives, the veteran dramedy has not been officially renewed for next season pending the show’s four stars closing their new deals, something expected shortly.
Jonathan Cake Joins ABC's 'Desperate Housewives' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast