EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Cake has been tapped for the big new male role on ABC’s Desperate Housewives as Bree’s new squeeze. Cake will recur this season, appearing in 4 episodes, and will return as a series regular next season. He will play Aaron, a handsome, sexy, college-educated police detective with strong family values who becomes involved with Bree (Marcia Cross) when he comes to Wisteria Lane to investigate a case. Brit Cake, repped by WME and Principal Entertainment, has a long-standing relationship with ABC. He starred on the network’s sandals-and-toga limited series Empire, recurred on Six Degrees, co-starred in the 2009 pilot Captain Cook’s Extraordinary Atlas and recently guest starred on Off the Map. As for Desperate Housewives, the veteran dramedy has not been officially renewed for next season pending the show’s four stars closing their new deals, something expected shortly.
Jonathan Cake Joins ABC's 'Desperate Housewives' As New Regular
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over