EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Cake has been tapped for the big new male role on ABC’s Desperate Housewives as Bree’s new squeeze. Cake will recur this season, appearing in 4 episodes, and will return as a series regular next season. He will play Aaron, a handsome, sexy, college-educated police detective with strong family values who becomes involved with Bree (Marcia Cross) when he comes to Wisteria Lane to investigate a case. Brit Cake, repped by WME and Principal Entertainment, has a long-standing relationship with ABC. He starred on the network’s sandals-and-toga limited series Empire, recurred on Six Degrees, co-starred in the 2009 pilot Captain Cook’s Extraordinary Atlas and recently guest starred on Off the Map. As for Desperate Housewives, the veteran dramedy has not been officially renewed for next season pending the show’s four stars closing their new deals, something expected shortly.
Jonathan Cake Joins ABC's 'Desperate Housewives' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'