EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Cake has been tapped for the big new male role on ABC’s Desperate Housewives as Bree’s new squeeze. Cake will recur this season, appearing in 4 episodes, and will return as a series regular next season. He will play Aaron, a handsome, sexy, college-educated police detective with strong family values who becomes involved with Bree (Marcia Cross) when he comes to Wisteria Lane to investigate a case. Brit Cake, repped by WME and Principal Entertainment, has a long-standing relationship with ABC. He starred on the network’s sandals-and-toga limited series Empire, recurred on Six Degrees, co-starred in the 2009 pilot Captain Cook’s Extraordinary Atlas and recently guest starred on Off the Map. As for Desperate Housewives, the veteran dramedy has not been officially renewed for next season pending the show’s four stars closing their new deals, something expected shortly.
Jonathan Cake Joins ABC's 'Desperate Housewives' As New Regular
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Andreeva
- CNN Among Several Turner Networks Dropped By Dish In Carriage Dispute
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group