EXCLUSIVE: Obviously Johnny Depp didn’t take Ricky Gervais ribbing him at the Golden Globes about his one-note performance in The Tourist to heart. He is trying to work out his schedule so he can guest star in an episode of Gervais’ new BBC comedy series Life’s Too Short, which, like Gervais’ most recent BBC show, Extras, is also expected to air on HBO. Filming starts in England in May. Life’s Too Short follows a conceited and egomaniac dwarf who runs a talent agency for fellow showbiz dwarves. Warwick Davis stars as the monstrous talent agent. Gervais and Stephen Merchant have written this 6-episode half-hour series for BBC2. The British comedian has described it as a cross between Extras – his show about the travails of an unsuccessful actor – and Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Beeb commissioned a non-broadcast pilot of Life’s Too Short last April that filmed in the summer. The pilot featured various Brit celebs such as art critic Brian Sewell. Gervais has also approached Jerry Seinfeld to appear in his new show, playing “quite a whiny Upper East Side Jewish guy”.
Johnny Depp Lining Up For Guest Spot In Ricky Gervais' Series 'Life's Too Short'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Underground’: John Legend To Guest Star As Abolitionist Frederick Douglass In Season 2
- Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters Sell Series Projects To ABC, Freeform & Amazon
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Teaser Features Composer Angelo Badalamenti’s Theme Music
- How Paramount’s ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Hacked ‘Mr. Robot’s Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By…
- ‘Counterpart’: Olivia Williams & Harry Lloyd To Co-Star In Starz Drama Series
- ‘Notorious’ & ‘Pitch’ Hold Steady In Week 2 With No ‘TNF’ On CBS, ‘Grey’s’ Still…