EXCLUSIVE: Obviously Johnny Depp didn’t take Ricky Gervais ribbing him at the Golden Globes about his one-note performance in The Tourist to heart. He is trying to work out his schedule so he can guest star in an episode of Gervais’ new BBC comedy series Life’s Too Short, which, like Gervais’ most recent BBC show, Extras, is also expected to air on HBO. Filming starts in England in May. Life’s Too Short follows a conceited and egomaniac dwarf who runs a talent agency for fellow showbiz dwarves. Warwick Davis stars as the monstrous talent agent. Gervais and Stephen Merchant have written this 6-episode half-hour series for BBC2. The British comedian has described it as a cross between Extras – his show about the travails of an unsuccessful actor – and Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Beeb commissioned a non-broadcast pilot of Life’s Too Short last April that filmed in the summer. The pilot featured various Brit celebs such as art critic Brian Sewell. Gervais has also approached Jerry Seinfeld to appear in his new show, playing “quite a whiny Upper East Side Jewish guy”.
Johnny Depp Lining Up For Guest Spot In Ricky Gervais' Series 'Life's Too Short'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Taps Jon Hookstratten As EVP Administration & Operations
- Jason Richman Inks New Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Emmys: Television Academy Pushes Last-Minute Voters As Ballot Deadline Looms Tonight
- ‘The Earliest Show’s Ben Schwartz Discusses His Short-Form Roots & Finding Guests For A Fake Talk Show
- ‘SafeWord’: MTV Sets Date For Comedy Game Show From ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Producers
- Ashton Kutcher To EP Two Unscripted Series For Chicken Soup For The Soul