EXCLUSIVE: Obviously Johnny Depp didn’t take Ricky Gervais ribbing him at the Golden Globes about his one-note performance in The Tourist to heart. He is trying to work out his schedule so he can guest star in an episode of Gervais’ new BBC comedy series Life’s Too Short, which, like Gervais’ most recent BBC show, Extras, is also expected to air on HBO. Filming starts in England in May. Life’s Too Short follows a conceited and egomaniac dwarf who runs a talent agency for fellow showbiz dwarves. Warwick Davis stars as the monstrous talent agent. Gervais and Stephen Merchant have written this 6-episode half-hour series for BBC2. The British comedian has described it as a cross between Extras – his show about the travails of an unsuccessful actor – and Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Beeb commissioned a non-broadcast pilot of Life’s Too Short last April that filmed in the summer. The pilot featured various Brit celebs such as art critic Brian Sewell. Gervais has also approached Jerry Seinfeld to appear in his new show, playing “quite a whiny Upper East Side Jewish guy”.
Johnny Depp Lining Up For Guest Spot In Ricky Gervais' Series 'Life's Too Short'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”