John Travolta will reunite with the cast of Welcome Back, Kotter at the TV Land Awards 2011 where the 1970s sitcom will receive the 35th Anniversary Award. Welcome Back, Kotter, which ran from 1975-1979, revolved around an inner-city high school teacher, Mr. Kotter (Gabe Kaplan) who returns to his alma mater to teach a new generation of under-achieving misfits nicknamed the “Sweathogs.” No word yet if Kaplan, on whose real-life experiences the comedy was based, will be at the reunion, but scheduled to appear with Travolta are co-stars Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Ron Palillo and Marcia Strassman. Previously announced honorees at this year’s TV Land Awards include Regis Philbin (Legend Award), Family Ties (Fan Favorite Award) and The Cosby Show (Impact Award).
John Travolta & Cast Of 'Welcome Back, Kotter' To Reunite At TV Land Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest TV News
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again”