John Travolta will reunite with the cast of Welcome Back, Kotter at the TV Land Awards 2011 where the 1970s sitcom will receive the 35th Anniversary Award. Welcome Back, Kotter, which ran from 1975-1979, revolved around an inner-city high school teacher, Mr. Kotter (Gabe Kaplan) who returns to his alma mater to teach a new generation of under-achieving misfits nicknamed the “Sweathogs.” No word yet if Kaplan, on whose real-life experiences the comedy was based, will be at the reunion, but scheduled to appear with Travolta are co-stars Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Ron Palillo and Marcia Strassman. Previously announced honorees at this year’s TV Land Awards include Regis Philbin (Legend Award), Family Ties (Fan Favorite Award) and The Cosby Show (Impact Award).
John Travolta & Cast Of 'Welcome Back, Kotter' To Reunite At TV Land Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos