Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan has joined Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, playing Hoover’s rival Robert F. Kennedy in the Warner Bros. film. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the manipulative FBI chief. Besides the distinction of being asked back into a film by Eastwood (Donovan previously played a ruthless cop alongside Angelina Jolie in Changeling), Donovan grew up just outside of Boston in Amesbury, Mass., so playing RFK is a highlight for him. Production on the film has already begun, but Donovan will shoot his scenes next week. He just directed Bruce Campbell in Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe, a prequel telepic that airs April 17, and he starts production on the fifth season of the USA Network series March 21. He’s repped by Paradigm.
Jeffrey Donovan Playing RFK in 'J. Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald
- Bruce Willis Pacts Pair Of Films With Emmett/Furla/Oasis
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount