Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan has joined Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, playing Hoover’s rival Robert F. Kennedy in the Warner Bros. film. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the manipulative FBI chief. Besides the distinction of being asked back into a film by Eastwood (Donovan previously played a ruthless cop alongside Angelina Jolie in Changeling), Donovan grew up just outside of Boston in Amesbury, Mass., so playing RFK is a highlight for him. Production on the film has already begun, but Donovan will shoot his scenes next week. He just directed Bruce Campbell in Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe, a prequel telepic that airs April 17, and he starts production on the fifth season of the USA Network series March 21. He’s repped by Paradigm.
Jeffrey Donovan Playing RFK in 'J. Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Latest Film News
- Nate Parker: Earlier Comments Made “From A Standpoint Of Ignorance”
- First Look At ‘Downton’s Dan Stevens As Golden-Locked ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Prince
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Saturday Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening