Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan has joined Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, playing Hoover’s rival Robert F. Kennedy in the Warner Bros. film. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the manipulative FBI chief. Besides the distinction of being asked back into a film by Eastwood (Donovan previously played a ruthless cop alongside Angelina Jolie in Changeling), Donovan grew up just outside of Boston in Amesbury, Mass., so playing RFK is a highlight for him. Production on the film has already begun, but Donovan will shoot his scenes next week. He just directed Bruce Campbell in Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe, a prequel telepic that airs April 17, and he starts production on the fifth season of the USA Network series March 21. He’s repped by Paradigm.
Jeffrey Donovan Playing RFK in 'J. Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’