Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan has joined Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, playing Hoover’s rival Robert F. Kennedy in the Warner Bros. film. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the manipulative FBI chief. Besides the distinction of being asked back into a film by Eastwood (Donovan previously played a ruthless cop alongside Angelina Jolie in Changeling), Donovan grew up just outside of Boston in Amesbury, Mass., so playing RFK is a highlight for him. Production on the film has already begun, but Donovan will shoot his scenes next week. He just directed Bruce Campbell in Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe, a prequel telepic that airs April 17, and he starts production on the fifth season of the USA Network series March 21. He’s repped by Paradigm.
Jeffrey Donovan Playing RFK in 'J. Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Max Casella Joins Woody Allen’s Untitled Film; Gilbert Owuor Cast In ‘Mute’
- Suki Waterhouse Schedules A Date With ‘Jonathan’
- Brad Anderson Set To Direct Gary Whitta-Scripted ‘FATE’
- Trump Will Hate This: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu Takes On Virtual Reality Short On Refugees Crossing Mexican Border
- George Lucas Endows Haskell Wexler Chair In Documentary At USC School Of Cinematic Arts
- Kurtwood Smith, Lance Reddick & Angus Macfadyen Enroll In ‘Business Ethics’