Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan has joined Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, playing Hoover’s rival Robert F. Kennedy in the Warner Bros. film. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the manipulative FBI chief. Besides the distinction of being asked back into a film by Eastwood (Donovan previously played a ruthless cop alongside Angelina Jolie in Changeling), Donovan grew up just outside of Boston in Amesbury, Mass., so playing RFK is a highlight for him. Production on the film has already begun, but Donovan will shoot his scenes next week. He just directed Bruce Campbell in Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe, a prequel telepic that airs April 17, and he starts production on the fifth season of the USA Network series March 21. He’s repped by Paradigm.
Jeffrey Donovan Playing RFK in 'J. Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Adrien Brody, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas & A Dog Named De Niro Are ‘Unchained’
- DGA Reaches Deal On Network Staff Agreement
- Shawn Levy To Direct ‘Uncharted’; PlayStation Vidgame Movie On Fast Track
- Ed Helms & Tracy Morgan Up For Game Of ‘TAG’ At New Line
- ‘LoveTrue’ & ‘Bombay Beach’ Director Alma Har’el Signs With WME
- DraftKings & FanDuel Settle NY Lawsuits For $12M