EXCLUSIVE: It’s a happy ending to the pilot season for Jeff Hephner after all. The actor, who after grueling auditions landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Playboy but was replaced after the table read with Eddie Cibrian, has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Kelsey Grammer on the Starz eight-episode drama series Boss. Coincidentally, like Playboy, the Lionsgate/Grammnet-produced Boss is set and filming in Chicago. Written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Boss centers on Kane (Grammer), the mayor of Chicago, who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Hephner will play the state’s treasurer, an impeccably handsome and ambitious Chicago native who is clearly about to become a major player on the Chicago political scene. Hephner, repped by Paradigm and the Group Entertainment, is recurring on CW’s Hellcats and has also done arcs on NBC’s Mercy and Fox’s The O.C.
Jeff Hephner To Co-Star On Starz's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
John Oliver Sexes Up '60 Minutes' Report On Nation's Crumbling Infrastructure With Ed Norton And Steve Buscemi
More From Andreeva
- Christine Woods To Star In NBC’s Aseem Batra Comedy Pilot
- ‘Last Man On Earth’ Has Strong Premiere
- Daytime Emmy Awards Return To TV With Multi-Year Deal At Pop
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James’ Future, Season 7 & That…
- Matthew Glave Cast In NBA Pilot, Gia Mantegna In ‘Cheerleader Death Squad’
- Kim Raver To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Advocate’