EXCLUSIVE: It’s a happy ending to the pilot season for Jeff Hephner after all. The actor, who after grueling auditions landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Playboy but was replaced after the table read with Eddie Cibrian, has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Kelsey Grammer on the Starz eight-episode drama series Boss. Coincidentally, like Playboy, the Lionsgate/Grammnet-produced Boss is set and filming in Chicago. Written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Boss centers on Kane (Grammer), the mayor of Chicago, who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Hephner will play the state’s treasurer, an impeccably handsome and ambitious Chicago native who is clearly about to become a major player on the Chicago political scene. Hephner, repped by Paradigm and the Group Entertainment, is recurring on CW’s Hellcats and has also done arcs on NBC’s Mercy and Fox’s The O.C.
Jeff Hephner To Co-Star On Starz's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest TV News
- CBS And Dish Network Warn Of Potential Blackout If No Deal By Tonight
- YouTube Red Sets Jay Williams Docuseries ‘Best Shot’; LeBron James Among EPs
- ‘The Indian Detective’ Trailer: First Look & Premiere Date For Netflix’s Canadian Series Starring…
- Della Reese Dies: Music Legend & ‘Touched By An Angel Star’ Was 86
- ‘The L Word’ Sequel Taps Marja-Lewis Ryan As Showrunner At Showtime
- Camera Operator Mark Milsome Dies Filming Stunt On BBC/Netflix Drama; Production Shut Down – Update