EXCLUSIVE: It’s a happy ending to the pilot season for Jeff Hephner after all. The actor, who after grueling auditions landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Playboy but was replaced after the table read with Eddie Cibrian, has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Kelsey Grammer on the Starz eight-episode drama series Boss. Coincidentally, like Playboy, the Lionsgate/Grammnet-produced Boss is set and filming in Chicago. Written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Boss centers on Kane (Grammer), the mayor of Chicago, who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Hephner will play the state’s treasurer, an impeccably handsome and ambitious Chicago native who is clearly about to become a major player on the Chicago political scene. Hephner, repped by Paradigm and the Group Entertainment, is recurring on CW’s Hellcats and has also done arcs on NBC’s Mercy and Fox’s The O.C.
Jeff Hephner To Co-Star On Starz's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet - Update
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $21M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $2M+
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- Oprah Winfrey Asks Michiganers If Donald Trump Has Divided Country In ’60 Minutes Debut’
- Donald Trump Did Not Watch Football Today…Except For When He Did
- NFL Tweets ‘Inside These Lines’ Unity Ad Set For Re-Airing Tonight
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump’s NFL Tweets Don’t Speak For All “Conservative, Old White Men” – Tribeca…
- ‘American Idol’ Near Deal With Country Star Luke Bryan As Judge For ABC Revival
- Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet – Update