EXCLUSIVE: It’s a happy ending to the pilot season for Jeff Hephner after all. The actor, who after grueling auditions landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Playboy but was replaced after the table read with Eddie Cibrian, has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Kelsey Grammer on the Starz eight-episode drama series Boss. Coincidentally, like Playboy, the Lionsgate/Grammnet-produced Boss is set and filming in Chicago. Written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Boss centers on Kane (Grammer), the mayor of Chicago, who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Hephner will play the state’s treasurer, an impeccably handsome and ambitious Chicago native who is clearly about to become a major player on the Chicago political scene. Hephner, repped by Paradigm and the Group Entertainment, is recurring on CW’s Hellcats and has also done arcs on NBC’s Mercy and Fox’s The O.C.
Jeff Hephner To Co-Star On Starz's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WME-IMG China Appoints NBA Exec Michael Ma As CEO
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Stars To Tell All In Finale Aftershow
- Howard Davies Dies: British Director Of ‘Les Liaisons Dangereuses’ Was 71
- Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Special: ‘Who’s Going To Clean Up This Sh*t?’ Trailer
- Suspect In Destruction Of Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star “Happy To Go To Trial”
- Michael Massee Dies: Actor Involved In Tragic ‘The Crow’ Accident Was 61