EXCLUSIVE: It’s a happy ending to the pilot season for Jeff Hephner after all. The actor, who after grueling auditions landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Playboy but was replaced after the table read with Eddie Cibrian, has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Kelsey Grammer on the Starz eight-episode drama series Boss. Coincidentally, like Playboy, the Lionsgate/Grammnet-produced Boss is set and filming in Chicago. Written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Boss centers on Kane (Grammer), the mayor of Chicago, who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Hephner will play the state’s treasurer, an impeccably handsome and ambitious Chicago native who is clearly about to become a major player on the Chicago political scene. Hephner, repped by Paradigm and the Group Entertainment, is recurring on CW’s Hellcats and has also done arcs on NBC’s Mercy and Fox’s The O.C.
Jeff Hephner To Co-Star On Starz's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
'Logan Lucky' Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh's Directorial Return
Latest TV News
- HBO Suffers Social Media Hacks on Twitter, Facebook Pages
- Jimmy Kimmel Hears From Donald Trump Voters; Kellyanne Conway Discusses Damage Control
- Ric Reitz Re-Elected President Of SAG-AFTRA Atlanta Local, Continues Run Of Wins For Gabrielle Carteris Supporters
- New York Talent Agent Mark Schlegel Missing Since Sunday, Family Says
- 'For The People': Jasmin Savoy Brown To Star In New Shondaland ABC Series
- N.K. Jemisin’s ‘The Fifth Season’ Book To Be Developed As TV Series At TNT