EXCLUSIVE: It’s a happy ending to the pilot season for Jeff Hephner after all. The actor, who after grueling auditions landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Playboy but was replaced after the table read with Eddie Cibrian, has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Kelsey Grammer on the Starz eight-episode drama series Boss. Coincidentally, like Playboy, the Lionsgate/Grammnet-produced Boss is set and filming in Chicago. Written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Boss centers on Kane (Grammer), the mayor of Chicago, who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Hephner will play the state’s treasurer, an impeccably handsome and ambitious Chicago native who is clearly about to become a major player on the Chicago political scene. Hephner, repped by Paradigm and the Group Entertainment, is recurring on CW’s Hellcats and has also done arcs on NBC’s Mercy and Fox’s The O.C.
Jeff Hephner To Co-Star On Starz's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- ‘Empire’ EP On Tonight’s Fiery Finale, Next Season’s Reset & Not Mentioning Trump
- Baz Luhrmann Reflects On ‘The Get Down’ Cancellation: “I'll See You On the Other-Side”
- Baz Luhrmann’s ‘The Get Down’ Canceled By Netflix After One Season
- Fox’s ‘Star’ Ups Miss Lawrence To Series Regular For Season 2
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Creator Ava DuVernay On Finding A Place To Breathe – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Jerry Perenchio Dies: Hollywood Dealmaker & Former Univision CEO Was 86