EXCLUSIVE: It’s a happy ending to the pilot season for Jeff Hephner after all. The actor, who after grueling auditions landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Playboy but was replaced after the table read with Eddie Cibrian, has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Kelsey Grammer on the Starz eight-episode drama series Boss. Coincidentally, like Playboy, the Lionsgate/Grammnet-produced Boss is set and filming in Chicago. Written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Boss centers on Kane (Grammer), the mayor of Chicago, who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Hephner will play the state’s treasurer, an impeccably handsome and ambitious Chicago native who is clearly about to become a major player on the Chicago political scene. Hephner, repped by Paradigm and the Group Entertainment, is recurring on CW’s Hellcats and has also done arcs on NBC’s Mercy and Fox’s The O.C.
Jeff Hephner To Co-Star On Starz's 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest TV News
- Isabella Rossellini Talks Movies, Makeup & How Brando’s ‘Godfather’ Inspired Her ‘Shut Eye’ Role – The Actor’s…
- ‘The Voice’ Tops ‘Dancing With the Stars’ As Both Eye Finale Lows
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Trailer: First Extended Look At Season 7
- Freeform Hires Tricia Melton As SVP Marketing
- Diane Keaton’s AFI Life Achievement Tribute Sets TNT Airdate, Cinematographer Also To Be Feted
- Ellen DeGeneres Eyes Stand-Up Return With Netflix Comedy Special