Jeff Daniels is in negotiations for the male lead in Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama pilot set behind the scenes of a cable news show. The project, which recent Oscar winner Sorkin is executive producing with Scott Rudin, centers on news anchor Will McCallister (Daniels) who has his own cable show, his female executive producer and his staff. Will is described as a famous cable newsman of the Anderson Cooper/Brian Williams mold who is smart and talented guy but just a pain in the ass to work with and for. In his research for the show, Sorkin spent time at Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews’ MSNBC shows as well as at Fox News Channel and CNN programs. ICM-repped Daniels, a Tony nominee in 2009 for Gods of Carnage, recently co-created with Tomothy Busfield Happily Ever After, a series project for Showtime, which Daniels wrote and was attached to star in.
Jeff Daniels In Negotiations For Aaron Sorkin's HBO Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox