Jeff Daniels is in negotiations for the male lead in Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama pilot set behind the scenes of a cable news show. The project, which recent Oscar winner Sorkin is executive producing with Scott Rudin, centers on news anchor Will McCallister (Daniels) who has his own cable show, his female executive producer and his staff. Will is described as a famous cable newsman of the Anderson Cooper/Brian Williams mold who is smart and talented guy but just a pain in the ass to work with and for. In his research for the show, Sorkin spent time at Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews’ MSNBC shows as well as at Fox News Channel and CNN programs. ICM-repped Daniels, a Tony nominee in 2009 for Gods of Carnage, recently co-created with Tomothy Busfield Happily Ever After, a series project for Showtime, which Daniels wrote and was attached to star in.
Jeff Daniels In Negotiations For Aaron Sorkin's HBO Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres