CBS made the announcement this morning – How I Met Your Mother has been renewed through the 2012-2013 season as part of a 2-year deal between CBS and 20th Century Fox TV. As we reported on Friday, the pact is said to be for a license fee of $3.3 million per episode. “We are so proud of this show and all of its creative and ratings achievements,” said CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler. “HIMYM’s brilliant producing team continues to find inventive ways to tell funny stories that stir pop culture conversation; it has become a go-to destination for top guest stars and its amazing ensemble cast brings to life characters that audiences want to hang out with every Monday night.” Currently in its sixth season, HIMYM is posting year-to-year increases in viewers and key demos. The series is averaging 9.48 million viewers (+8% vs. last year) and 3.8/09 in adults 18-49 (+9%). It is CBS’s highest-rated series among adults 18-34 (3.3/10). Additionally, co-star Neil Patrick Harris has landed 4 consecutive Emmy nominations.
It's Official: 'How I Met Your Mother' Renewed For 2 More Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’
- ‘Descendants 2’ Set For Simultaneous July Premiere On Five Disney|ABC Television Group Networks
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l