CBS made the announcement this morning – How I Met Your Mother has been renewed through the 2012-2013 season as part of a 2-year deal between CBS and 20th Century Fox TV. As we reported on Friday, the pact is said to be for a license fee of $3.3 million per episode. “We are so proud of this show and all of its creative and ratings achievements,” said CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler. “HIMYM’s brilliant producing team continues to find inventive ways to tell funny stories that stir pop culture conversation; it has become a go-to destination for top guest stars and its amazing ensemble cast brings to life characters that audiences want to hang out with every Monday night.” Currently in its sixth season, HIMYM is posting year-to-year increases in viewers and key demos. The series is averaging 9.48 million viewers (+8% vs. last year) and 3.8/09 in adults 18-49 (+9%). It is CBS’s highest-rated series among adults 18-34 (3.3/10). Additionally, co-star Neil Patrick Harris has landed 4 consecutive Emmy nominations.
It's Official: 'How I Met Your Mother' Renewed For 2 More Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- Brent Montgomery & Bruce David Klein Among Backers Of Queens MediaWorks Non-Fiction Production Complex
- NBC’s ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical Moved To 2018
- Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Drama ‘Blue Book’ Gets Series Order By History
- ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Renewed By HBO
- ‘Suits’ Creator Aaron Korsh Inks New Overall Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central