CBS made the announcement this morning – How I Met Your Mother has been renewed through the 2012-2013 season as part of a 2-year deal between CBS and 20th Century Fox TV. As we reported on Friday, the pact is said to be for a license fee of $3.3 million per episode. “We are so proud of this show and all of its creative and ratings achievements,” said CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler. “HIMYM’s brilliant producing team continues to find inventive ways to tell funny stories that stir pop culture conversation; it has become a go-to destination for top guest stars and its amazing ensemble cast brings to life characters that audiences want to hang out with every Monday night.” Currently in its sixth season, HIMYM is posting year-to-year increases in viewers and key demos. The series is averaging 9.48 million viewers (+8% vs. last year) and 3.8/09 in adults 18-49 (+9%). It is CBS’s highest-rated series among adults 18-34 (3.3/10). Additionally, co-star Neil Patrick Harris has landed 4 consecutive Emmy nominations.
It's Official: 'How I Met Your Mother' Renewed For 2 More Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Model Amy Elmore Shares Harrowing Personal Abuse: "It's Time To Talk About Sexual Predators In The Modeling Business"
Latest TV News
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations