EXCLUSIVE: Ingenious, the UK private-equity fund that backed Avatar, has poached Lucas Webb, The Weinstein Company’s man in London, to run its Fox Searchlight arm. The financier announced in January that it was going to make between two and three Fox Searchlight movies each year in the $10M-15M range, injecting up to $14 million annually into the deal. Webb, who Harvey Weinstein himself tempted over from Miramax, is known for his work ethic. He has been keeping a close eye on TWC’s latest UK production, My Week With Marilyn, which is already being talked about as next year’s Oscar push from Harvey. Fox Searchlight and Ingenious worked together most recently on 127 Hours, Never Let Me Go and the forthcoming The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which Fox Searchlight will release this fall.
Ingenious Hires Weinstein Exec Lucas Webb To Run Fox Searchlight Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors
- Michael Rooker Signs Up For ‘The Belko Experiment'; Bai Ling To Have ‘Maximum Impact’
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination