EXCLUSIVE: Ingenious, the UK private-equity fund that backed Avatar, has poached Lucas Webb, The Weinstein Company’s man in London, to run its Fox Searchlight arm. The financier announced in January that it was going to make between two and three Fox Searchlight movies each year in the $10M-15M range, injecting up to $14 million annually into the deal. Webb, who Harvey Weinstein himself tempted over from Miramax, is known for his work ethic. He has been keeping a close eye on TWC’s latest UK production, My Week With Marilyn, which is already being talked about as next year’s Oscar push from Harvey. Fox Searchlight and Ingenious worked together most recently on 127 Hours, Never Let Me Go and the forthcoming The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which Fox Searchlight will release this fall.
Ingenious Hires Weinstein Exec Lucas Webb To Run Fox Searchlight Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…