EXCLUSIVE: Ingenious, the UK private-equity fund that backed Avatar, has poached Lucas Webb, The Weinstein Company’s man in London, to run its Fox Searchlight arm. The financier announced in January that it was going to make between two and three Fox Searchlight movies each year in the $10M-15M range, injecting up to $14 million annually into the deal. Webb, who Harvey Weinstein himself tempted over from Miramax, is known for his work ethic. He has been keeping a close eye on TWC’s latest UK production, My Week With Marilyn, which is already being talked about as next year’s Oscar push from Harvey. Fox Searchlight and Ingenious worked together most recently on 127 Hours, Never Let Me Go and the forthcoming The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which Fox Searchlight will release this fall.
Ingenious Hires Weinstein Exec Lucas Webb To Run Fox Searchlight Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Womens March…
- John Hawkes, Octavia Spencer In 'Small Town Crime'; 'The Final Year' Recalls Obama – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Amazon Raises Price Of Monthly Prime Memberships By 18% To $12.99
- Turner & Warner Bros Team Up To Launch Movie SVOD Service FilmStruck Globally
- MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors – Sundance
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78