Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. -- Sunday AM
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father Was 89