Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Scores Another Bingo With Trump Versus Clinton
- Celebs & Shows Celebrate As Chicago Cubs Move To World Series
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- ‘Dirk Gently’ & ‘Black Mirror’ Season 3 Review: Brits Coming With Savory Treats
- Cecilia Hart Dies: Actress & Wife Of James Earl Jones Was 68