Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos
- Olivia de Havilland’s ‘Feud’ Suit Against Ryan Murphy & FX Could See Fall Trial