Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Flexes Muscle With $21M+ During The Lowest-Grossing Weekend Of 2017 To Date - Sunday AM
Universal $3B+ As 'Despicable' Franchise Takes Ani Crown; 'Wolf Warrior 2' Bests 'Avatar' Record - International Box Office
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Director On Tonight’s Game Changing Icy Episode & Season 8
- Apple Music’s ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Rocks To New ‘Game Of Thrones’ Opening
- Why ‘Hairspray Live!’ Costume Designer Mary Vogt Encouraged Her Dancers To Rip Their Clothes
- Hollywood Remembers Jerry Lewis: Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Sandra Bernhard Honor King Of Comedy
- Jerry Lewis Dies: Comedy Legend, Classic Filmmaker Was 91
- Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Television Movie