Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’: Dougie Baldwin Cast In Netflix Pot Comedy Series From Chuck Lorre
- Ken Burns On PBS Docu ‘Defying The Nazis’: “I Didn’t Shoot A Single Scene” – TCA
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- Masterpiece Boards ‘King Charles III’ Adaptation As Franchise Looks To Bolster Slate Post-‘Downton Abbey…
- ‘PBS NewsHour’ Co-Anchors Pick Conventions’ Most Powerful Moments – TCA
- ABC Buys DJ Nash Family Comedy ‘Losing It’ In Premium Deal