Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Skam’: Facebook Watch Orders U.S. Version Of Norwegian Teen Hit – Mipcom
- Nielsen Beefs Up SVOD Ratings, Says NBCU, Disney-ABC, A+E And Five Other Content Players Are On Board
- David Letterman Tells Jimmy Kimmel His Side Of Conan Story About Crazy Horse
- ‘Roseanne’ Revival: ABC Shares First Photo Of Cast At Table Read
- Mychael Knight Dies: ‘Project Runway’ Fashion Designer Was 39
- Los Angeles City Attorney “Will Prosecute” Harvey Weinstein If Victims Come Forward