Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Says Reports Of Sexual Assault Town Hall Tour Is "False," Despite Fact His PR Team Said It Was On - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘True Crime Addict’ Book Getting Series Adaptation By Universal TV With Richard Price Writing & Johnny…
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: David Strathairn Cast In HBO Movie
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Bites Press To Distract Them From New Trumpcare Blow
- BET Awards Ratings Fall From 2016, Both On Channel & Across Viacom Networks
- SAG-AFTRA Contract Talks Continue Despite Strike Threat
- Ed Asner Retracts And Apologizes For Allegations Against SAG-AFTRA Leaders