Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $25M-$26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Murky; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Late Night B.O. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’
- ‘Archer’ Creator Looking To End Series With 10th Season
- ‘Legends Of Chamberlain Heights’ Duo Josiah Johnson & Quinn Hawking Sign With UTA
- ‘Mail Order Family’ Comedy Not Going Forward At NBC After Objections
- ABC Head Of PR Hope Hartman Departs To Do Docus, Starting with ‘The Judy Effect’
- NBC Buys ‘A Year To Remember’ Drama From Telefe USA & Kapital Entertainment