Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Parks & Recreation’ Creator Mike Schur: “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey;” ‘The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Jokes About…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure