Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- AT&T, Justice Department Settlement Talks Over Time Warner Deal Fail