Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest TV News
- Newcomer Katherine Langford On ’13 Reasons Why’: “It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done”
- ‘A World In Disarray’: Vice Examines American Foreign Policy In Special Report On HBO
- 'Trumped: The Musical'? Ron Howard Hopes Somebody Does It – Cannes Lions
- Dennis Rodman Takes Credit For North Korea’s Release Of Otto Warmbier On ‘GMA’
- Jimmy Kimmel On Senate Trumpcare Plan: “And These Guys Wonder Why We Hate Them”
- Donald Trump Insists To ‘Fox & Friends’ That His Tape Bluff “Wasn’t Very Stupid”