Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Andrea Tantaros Sues Fox News, Roger Ailes & Bill Shine Again, Claims Hacking And Social Media Harassment
- ‘Waco’: Camryn Manheim, Eric Lange Among 5 Cast In Event Series For Par Network
- Audience Network's New Documentary From Vince Vaughn To Tackle Police & Race Relations
- Chill On Rumors Of Netflix Side Deal As WGA Strike Authorization Looms
- ‘Blood Drive’ Trailer: Cannibals, Monsters, Cults, Nymphos & More In Syfy’s Grindhouse Series
- Ingrid Michaelson/Liz Tigelaar Comedy Series ‘The Way I Am’ In Works At Hulu