Heather Lockelar has closed a deal to star in the CBS comedy pilot The Assistants, a young ensemble about the assistants who work for a celebrity, Ali (Locklear), and her husband. Written by Tucker Cawley, the project centers on Mike (David Henrie) who, newly arrived in Hollywood from a small town in Pennsylvania, is hoping his job as an assistant to Ali, who hails from the same small town as him, might open doors for him. In the meantime, he’s learning the ropes from his fellow assistants who know how to tip-toe around their neurotic boss and her equally crazy husband. Ali is a famous actress who, despite her success (or perhaps because of it), is insecure and prone to wild mood swings. On the comedy side, Melrose Place alumna Locklear, repped by ICM and Brillstein, is best known for her role on ABC’s Spin City. She most recently did a string of Lifetime movies, including He Loves Me, which premiered last week.
Heather Locklear To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'The Assistants'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest TV News
- Rellik & The Miniaturist Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama The Bridge To BBC2
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New Amazon…
- ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ To Take On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall