A slew of actors have joined Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman in the HBO film Hemingway & Gellhorn. The biopic, exec produced by James Gandolfini and directed by Phil Kaufman, recounts the tumultuous romance and subsequent marriage of literary master Ernest Hemingway (Owen) and up-and-coming war correspondent Martha Gellhorn (Kidman), following them through the Spanish Civil War and beyond. David Strathairn, who just won an Emmy for another HBO biopic, Temple Grandin, will play famous American writer and Hemingway friend John Dos Passos. Molly Parker will play Hemingway’s second wife, Pauline. Parker Posey will play his fourth wife, Mary. Rodrigo Santoro will play play Zarra, a Spanish Loyalist and friend of Dos Passos. Lars Ulrich will play Joris Ivens, the Dutch documentarian of The Spanish Earth. Santiago Cabrera will portray famous war photographer Robert Capa. Saverio Guerra will play Hemingway’s close friend Sidney Franklin, and Peter Coyote will play his editor Maxwell Perkins. Diane Baker will play Martha’s mother, and Tony Shalhoub, who co-stars in HBO’s upcoming film Too Big to Fail, will play Koltsov, a Russian journalist and apparatchik. Hemingway & Gellhorn will premiere next year.
HBO Builds Cast For 'Hemingway & Gellhorn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…