A slew of actors have joined Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman in the HBO film Hemingway & Gellhorn. The biopic, exec produced by James Gandolfini and directed by Phil Kaufman, recounts the tumultuous romance and subsequent marriage of literary master Ernest Hemingway (Owen) and up-and-coming war correspondent Martha Gellhorn (Kidman), following them through the Spanish Civil War and beyond. David Strathairn, who just won an Emmy for another HBO biopic, Temple Grandin, will play famous American writer and Hemingway friend John Dos Passos. Molly Parker will play Hemingway’s second wife, Pauline. Parker Posey will play his fourth wife, Mary. Rodrigo Santoro will play play Zarra, a Spanish Loyalist and friend of Dos Passos. Lars Ulrich will play Joris Ivens, the Dutch documentarian of The Spanish Earth. Santiago Cabrera will portray famous war photographer Robert Capa. Saverio Guerra will play Hemingway’s close friend Sidney Franklin, and Peter Coyote will play his editor Maxwell Perkins. Diane Baker will play Martha’s mother, and Tony Shalhoub, who co-stars in HBO’s upcoming film Too Big to Fail, will play Koltsov, a Russian journalist and apparatchik. Hemingway & Gellhorn will premiere next year.
HBO Builds Cast For 'Hemingway & Gellhorn'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s ‘Full Frontal’ With Turtle-Chomping Alligator Debuts On TBS – Review
- Samantha Bee Trashes White House Race In ‘Full Frontal’ Debut
- Citing Health Condition, Lena Dunham To Sit Out ‘Girls’ Season 5 Press
- Matt LeBlanc To Star In Jeff & Jackie Filgo CBS Comedy Pilot, James Burrows To Direct
- ‘Angel From Hell’ Pulled From CBS’ Schedule, To Be Replaced By ‘2 Broke Girls’
- CBS Orders Small-Town Family Comedy Pilot From Stephnie Weir & Greg Garcia