A slew of actors have joined Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman in the HBO film Hemingway & Gellhorn. The biopic, exec produced by James Gandolfini and directed by Phil Kaufman, recounts the tumultuous romance and subsequent marriage of literary master Ernest Hemingway (Owen) and up-and-coming war correspondent Martha Gellhorn (Kidman), following them through the Spanish Civil War and beyond. David Strathairn, who just won an Emmy for another HBO biopic, Temple Grandin, will play famous American writer and Hemingway friend John Dos Passos. Molly Parker will play Hemingway’s second wife, Pauline. Parker Posey will play his fourth wife, Mary. Rodrigo Santoro will play play Zarra, a Spanish Loyalist and friend of Dos Passos. Lars Ulrich will play Joris Ivens, the Dutch documentarian of The Spanish Earth. Santiago Cabrera will portray famous war photographer Robert Capa. Saverio Guerra will play Hemingway’s close friend Sidney Franklin, and Peter Coyote will play his editor Maxwell Perkins. Diane Baker will play Martha’s mother, and Tony Shalhoub, who co-stars in HBO’s upcoming film Too Big to Fail, will play Koltsov, a Russian journalist and apparatchik. Hemingway & Gellhorn will premiere next year.
HBO Builds Cast For 'Hemingway & Gellhorn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- “Brutally Honest” Roc-A-Fella Records TV Series In Works From Damon Dash & Lemuel Plummer
- Mel Brooks On Gene Wilder: “One Of The Truly Great Talents Of Our Time”
- Showtime In Talks To Add Postscript To ‘Weiner’ In Wake Of Huma Abedin Separation Announcement – Update
- CNN Wins FAA Waiver To Fly Newsgathering Drones Over People
- VMA TV Ratings Continue To Drop As MTV Turns Attention To Franchise’s Social Successes
- Yvonne Strahovski To Star In Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Series