EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'