EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Brian De Palma On 'Scarface' F-Bombs, Chainsaw And Origin Story – Tribeca
Latest TV News
- ‘Gomorrah’ Team Underway On Cocaine Crime Series ‘ZeroZeroZero’ With Andrea Riseborough, Dane DeHaan, Gabriel…
- Claire McGlasson's Novel ‘The Rapture’ Being Adapted For TV By UK Firm Hillbilly
- Jimmy Kimmel: ‘Scandal’ Marks First Time Show Ended Because World Jumped The Shark
- ‘Scandal,’ Washington D.C.’s OTHER Fever Dream, Comes To An End
- ‘Scandal’ Family of Actors, Writers, Producers React To Series Finale
- NFL 2018 Schedule Is Out: Check Out The Primetime Games, Thanksgiving & More