EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Latest TV News
- Camera Operator Mark Milsome Dies Filming Stunt On BBC/Netflix Drama
- New Yorker Cover Revisits Sexual Harassment At Thanksgiving Day Parade
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should “Suspend”…
- ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’: Amazon Sets January Premiere
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 4 Gets Netflix U.S. Release Date
- ProSiebenSat.1 Hunts CEO; EuropaCorp Sells French TV Unit; ‘Falco’ Remade In Lat Am; Time Scores UK Show…