EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Damon Gupton Joins Cast As New Series Regular
- ‘Girls’: Lena Dunham, Cast & Crew Say Goodbye As Final Episode Wraps
- ‘Marathon: The Patriots Day Bombing’ Trailer: HBO Docu Follows The 3-Year Story
- ‘Star Trek’ Alums To Fans: Keep White House Donald Trump Free With Vote For Hillary Clinton
- ‘Underground’: John Legend To Guest Star As Abolitionist Frederick Douglass In Season 2
- Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters Sell Series Projects To ABC, Freeform & Amazon