EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest TV News
- James Tupper & Anne Heche To Topline Post-Apocalyptic Series ‘Aftermath’
- Jeff Zucker Talks Up Video Network Great Big Story As CNN’s Phone Home: Newfront
- Katie Couric Joins Lifetime’s Flint Water Crisis Movie As Executive Producer
- MTV Taps Jacqueline Parkes As Head Of Marketing, Eli Lehrer To Run MTV2
- Adam Bernstein To Direct ‘The Mist’ On Spike
- Nikki Toscano Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV, Joins ’24: Legacy’