EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton To Colbert: Donald Trump UN Speech “Dark, Dangerous”
- Fox & Twitter Partner On Streaming Initiatives For ‘Empire’, ‘The Mick’, And ‘Ghosted’
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Jamie Lee Curtis To Star In & Produce Funeral Home Comedy In Works At CBS
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set For Fall Premiere On Lifetime