EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest TV News
- ‘The Killing Of JonBenét: The Truth Uncovered’ Documentary Set At A&E
- Paramount TV, Anonymous Content Acquire 9-Year-Old Reporter’s Book Series
- VH1 Taps Ad Industry Veteran Kevin Jordan As Creative Director
- Comedy Central Buys Brothers Comedy Starring Zack Pearlman & Julian Sergi
- ‘Better Things’ Review: Pamela Adlon’s FX Series Will Be One Of Best Things On TV
- CBS Buys Michael Rauch Legal Drama Produced By Jennifer Lopez