EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest TV News
- ‘War And Peace’ Helmer Tom Harper To Direct ‘The Rocks’ For Entertainment One
- 'Linda From HR': Michael Landes Cast In Fox Comedy Pilot, Replacing Tim DeKay
- ‘Silicon Valley’: Season 4 Trailer And Key Art Unveiled
- Annapurna Taps Adrienne Becker As COO As Ramp-Up Continues
- Viceland Goes To Pot; Sets Weed Week With Return Of ‘Weediquette’, ‘Bong Appetit’
- Complex Networks Orders Homeland Security Workplace Comedy For Premiere On Go90