EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
Latest TV News
- Chiwetel Ejiofor, Tony Hale, Margot Robbie & More Join NBC’s ‘Red Nose Day Special’
- ITV Studios America Taps Michael Azzolino As EVP Creative Affairs
- Bill Cosby To Face Trial Over 2004 Alleged Rape, Judge Rules
- ‘The Bachelorette’ Solid In Return, All Season Finale Ratings Down Vs. Last Year
- Franka Potente Joins ‘Dark Matter’ Season 2 As Recurring
- All3Media Takes Stake In Caravan; Cannes Marché Hits Record – Briefs