EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Primetime Emmys Tap Glenn Weiss & Ricky Kirshner To Exec Produce Awards
- Lionsgate Q4 Beats Street With Higher Earnings & Revenue
- Viacom & Altice USA Announce Advertising And Content Distribution Pact
- Sophia Bush Departing ‘Chicago P.D.’ After Four Seasons
- Deadline's TV Talk Podcast Episode #6: Big Screen To Small Screen Emmy Contenders, Roger Moore + Best Limited Series Hopefuls
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Trailer Snags 61 Million Views In First 24 Hours, HBO Says