EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’: ‘Shameless’ Star Emma Kenney Set As Darlene And David’s Daughter
- SAG-AFTRA Sending Team To ‘Riverdale’ Set After K.J. Apa Crash
- Vice Video Staffers Unionize With WGA East & Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Warner Bros “Extremely Grateful” ‘Riverdale’ Star K.J. Apa OK After Car Crash – Update
- ‘SNL’: Gal Gadot, Kumail Nanjiani Join Ryan Gosling In Host Lineup
- ‘Young Sheldon’ Review: CBS Prequel Far From Pint-Sized ‘Big Bang Theory’