EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump: “I Have Proof” Dem Rep “Fabricated” His Words To Soldier’s Widow
- Critical Content Takes Stake In UK’s Renowned Films – Mipcom
- ‘Skam’: Facebook Watch Orders U.S. Version Of Norwegian Teen Hit – Mipcom
- Nielsen Beefs Up SVOD Ratings, Says NBCU, Disney-ABC, A+E And Five Other Content Players Are On Board
- Eurosport Teams With Snap In Olympics Content Partnership – Mipcom
- David Letterman Tells Jimmy Kimmel His Side Of Conan Story About Crazy Horse