EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
Latest TV News
- Ryan Murphy Wanted To “Move The Cultural Dial” On TV With “Triumphant” Gay Characters – PGA Awards
- PGA Awards: ‘The Shape Of Water’ Wins Outstanding Producer; ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Tops In TV – Full Winners…
- ‘SNL’: President Donald Trump Passed His Physical – And The Tide Pod Challenge
- Bob Smith Dies: First Openly Gay Comic To Appear On ‘The Tonight Show’ Was 59
- Oscar Winners Fisher Stevens & Ross Kauffman Take On Discovery Doc ‘Taken By The Tiger’
- ‘Spheres: Songs Of Spacetime’ Trailer: Jessica Chastain Narrates VR Experience Exploring Sounds Of The Cosmos