EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Keith Cox Officially Named President, Development & Production for Paramount Network & TV Land
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Renewed For Season 52 By NBC
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Georgia King To Topline ‘Raised By Wolves’ ABC Comedy Pilot From Diablo Cody & Berlanti Prods.
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Has “Healthy Respect For Press” And “Deep Respect For 1st Amendment”
- Will Packer Joins Paulist Productions On ‘The Innocence Of Joan Little’ Miniseries