EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 50 Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest TV News
- Fox Nabs ‘Revival’ Comedy Produced By Nahnatchka Khan About ’80s Sitcom Reboot As Put Pilot
- Andrea Savage Comedy ‘I’m Sorry’ Renewed For Season 2 By TruTV
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Comedy Series
- Hollywood Responds To Confederate Statue Controversy; Johnny Cash Family “Sickened” By Neo-Nazi Fan
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 50 Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested – Update
- Esai Morales Threatens Election Fraud Complaint If “Petty Politics” Continue At SAG-AFTRA