EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
Latest TV News
- ‘For God And Country’ Military Drama From Keshet Gets NBC Pilot Order
- Conservative Gasbag “Stephen Colbert” Returns, To Say ‘So Long’ To Obama
- Donald Trump Pounds Press At Inauguration Eve Donor Dinner
- ‘Black-Ish’ Spinoff Starring Yara Shahidi In Works At ABC From Kenya Barris & Larry Wilmore
- Inauguration Day: How To Watch As Donald Trump Becomes POTUS
- TCA’s Best Moments: David Lynch, ‘Bones,’ ‘Harlots’ & Of Course Donald Trump