EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
White House Threatens To Stop Press Briefing Over Questions On Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
Latest TV News
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return
- HBO: “Very Good Relationship” With Bill Maher Despite Recent Language Controversy – TCA
- James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series ‘The Deuce’: It’s Not Misogyny, It’s Business…
- Larry David Contrasts His Political Incorrectness With Donald Trump’s: “I Don’t Consider Myself A Pr*ck”…
- ‘Shooter’ Season 2 To Be Cut Short By Star Ryan Phillippe’s Injury, Will End With Ep. 8
- Scripps Networks Ends Sale Talks With Viacom, Continues With Discovery