EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest TV News
- ITV Plans To Cut Costs To Counter Brexit Impact; Enjoys Profit Increase Thanks To ITV Studios
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Cartoon Hillary Clinton After Her Historic Nomination
- Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ Presents RNC Week’s Best-Of And Outtakes
- Warner Bros Japan Names Masami Takahashi As President
- Seth Meyers To Bernie Or Busters: Quit Yer Belly-achin’ & Help Dems Beat Trump
- Elizabeth Banks, Mandy Moore, Idina Menzel, Aisha Tyler & Friends Sing ‘Fight Song’ For Hillary