EXCLUSIVE: Hank Azaria has been tapped to star in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Free Agents, lifting the contingency on the project. The romantic comedy, based on the UK series of the same name, explores the attraction between two quirky PR executives working together – Alex (Azaria) and Helen – who both are on the rebound, Alex from a divorce and Helen from the loss of a fiance. The project brings Azaria back to NBC, where he recurred on Friends and starred in the short-lived comedy series Imagine That. On TV, Azaria, a key voice cast member of animated juggernaut The Simpsons, most recently headlined Showtime’s offbeat series Huff. In film, he co-starred in Love and Other Drugs and next plays Gargamel in the Smurfs movie.
Hank Azaria To Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- ‘Kingsman’ Creator Says Disney Merger “Bad For Fox,” OK For ‘X-Men’ Reboot
- NBC’s ‘A.P. Bio’ Gets February Preview Date, ‘This Is Us’ Midseason Return Moved Back A Week
- ‘Get Christie Love’: Kylie Bunbury To Star In ABC Reboot From Courtney Kemp & Vin Diesel
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Renewed For Season 10 At HBO
- Catherine Keener To Co-Star In Jim Carrey Comedy Series ‘Kidding’ On Showtime
- ‘Frontier’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix