Tim Burton has set Gulliver McGrath to play the role of David Collins in Dark Shadows. It was a coveted role on the pint-sized set, and I’ve heard Burton has his sights on Michael Sheen to play his father, Roger Collins. The young Australian actor made it to the finals for the lead in Martin Scorsese’s Hugo Cabret, then got a small role after the job went to Asa Butterfield. The role of David Collins was originated in the 60s soap by David Henesy, and then Joseph Gordon-Levitt played him in the 1990 series revival. Johnny Deep heads a cast that includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Bella Heathcoate, Jackie Earle Haley and Eva Green, with Helena Bonham Carter also expected to join. Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the script. McGrath is repped by Management 360, ARG in London and Emma Raciti in Australia.
Gulliver McGrath To Play 'Dark Shadows' Kid Role; Will Michael Sheen Play His Dad?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Crowd-Funders Laud ‘Dear White People’ Gross But Guess What? Tchotkes Make Distribs Groan
- Tragic Death On Taiwan Set Of Martin Scorsese-Directed ‘Silence’
- A24 Buying ‘Mississippi Grind’ – Sundance
- Hey, Team Jacob, ‘Twilight Saga’s Taylor Lautner’s Action Career Takes DirectTV Detour: Trailer
- ‘King Arthur’ Scribe Joby Harold And Tory Tunnell Move Safehouse Shingle To Sony
- Penelope Cruz, Diane Kruger To Star In Isabel Coixet-Directed ‘This Man, This Woman’