Glee’s Ryan Murphy, who was Sony Pictures and Will Smith’s choice to direct Willow Smith in the re-imagining of the Broadway musical Annie, has dropped out of contention. Talks broke off and he’s not doing the film, I’m told. The project was recently set at Sony Pictures by Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter, Ken Stovitz, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith in the joint venture they formed with Jay-Z to generate films. Willow, who is Smith’s daughter, will play the lovable orphan.
'Glee's Ryan Murphy No Go For 'Annie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors
- ‘The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride…
- Annapurna To Jump Start France, Italy, Japan Output Deals With ‘Detroit’ – Cannes
- ‘Teen Wolf’ Star Tyler Posey, Violett Beane & More Are Game For ‘Truth Or Dare’ From Blumhouse
- Ryan Eggold's Tribeca Film ‘Literally, Right Before Aaron’ Lands At Screen Media
- Awards Consultant Lisa Taback On The Evolving Art Of Oscar Strategy – Deadline Disruptors