Glee’s Ryan Murphy, who was Sony Pictures and Will Smith’s choice to direct Willow Smith in the re-imagining of the Broadway musical Annie, has dropped out of contention. Talks broke off and he’s not doing the film, I’m told. The project was recently set at Sony Pictures by Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter, Ken Stovitz, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith in the joint venture they formed with Jay-Z to generate films. Willow, who is Smith’s daughter, will play the lovable orphan.
'Glee's Ryan Murphy No Go For 'Annie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest Film News
- ‘Cries From Syria’ Sundance Clip: A Children’s Story That’s Hard To Watch
- Gkids Elevates David Jesteadt To President
- Amazon Video Direct Launches Film Festival Stars Program At Sundance
- ‘The Discovery’ Teaser Trailer: Robert Redford Discovers The Afterlife In Sundance Sci-Fi Pic
- Gravitas Ventures Taking ‘Folk Hero & Funny Guy’ On Theater/VOD Tour
- Mark Hamill, Christopher Plummer Lead Voice Cast Of ‘Lovecraft’ Feature