Glee’s Ryan Murphy, who was Sony Pictures and Will Smith’s choice to direct Willow Smith in the re-imagining of the Broadway musical Annie, has dropped out of contention. Talks broke off and he’s not doing the film, I’m told. The project was recently set at Sony Pictures by Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter, Ken Stovitz, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith in the joint venture they formed with Jay-Z to generate films. Willow, who is Smith’s daughter, will play the lovable orphan.
'Glee's Ryan Murphy No Go For 'Annie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jessica Chastain Sitting Bull Painter Pic ‘Woman Walks Ahead’ Snapped Up By A24 & DirecTV
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- Ex-Deputy L.A. Film Czar Appointed To New AFCI Position Of President
- Viacom Has Running Room With Ratings Uptick, Charter Carriage Deal–UBS Analyst
- The Deadline Podcast: “What Is A Movie?”, With Guest Robert Evans
- Naomi Watts To Star In Psychological Thriller ‘The Wolf Hour’