Glee’s Ryan Murphy, who was Sony Pictures and Will Smith’s choice to direct Willow Smith in the re-imagining of the Broadway musical Annie, has dropped out of contention. Talks broke off and he’s not doing the film, I’m told. The project was recently set at Sony Pictures by Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter, Ken Stovitz, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith in the joint venture they formed with Jay-Z to generate films. Willow, who is Smith’s daughter, will play the lovable orphan.
'Glee's Ryan Murphy No Go For 'Annie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Defends "Restrained" Twitter Bashing Of Alec Baldwin & 'SNL' In Person Of Year Interview
Latest Film News
- Multiple Buyers Take ‘The Oath’; Baltasar Kormakur Thriller Is Iceland’s #1 2016 Pic
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot Adds Walton Goggins; Sam Daly Cast In ‘Office Uprising’
- Warner Bros & Greg Berlanti Grow ‘Little Shop Of Horrors’ Revamp
- Kate McKinnon To Star In Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Gaumont Takes English-Language Remake Rights To Korean Zombie Hit ‘Train To Busan’
- Alessandro Nivola In Talks To Join Rachel Weisz & Rachel McAdams In ‘Disobedience’