In competing with the other leading basic cable networks, FX has long been handicapped by the lack of a sports franchise. The network is looking to finally rectify that, teaming with Fox Sports Media Group to carry at least 13 major college football games this year. The lineup, which will kick off Sept. 3, will include premier conference and nonconference matchups from current rights agreements with the Big 12, Pac-12 and Conference USA. “Sports programming is a key component that has been missing on FX for a while, and we look forward to its return on our schedule,” said FX president John Landgraf. “This NCAA football package will feature some of the nation’s marquee schools and matchups, and it will be a great addition to our lineup.”
FX To Carry College Football Games
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup