In competing with the other leading basic cable networks, FX has long been handicapped by the lack of a sports franchise. The network is looking to finally rectify that, teaming with Fox Sports Media Group to carry at least 13 major college football games this year. The lineup, which will kick off Sept. 3, will include premier conference and nonconference matchups from current rights agreements with the Big 12, Pac-12 and Conference USA. “Sports programming is a key component that has been missing on FX for a while, and we look forward to its return on our schedule,” said FX president John Landgraf. “This NCAA football package will feature some of the nation’s marquee schools and matchups, and it will be a great addition to our lineup.”
FX To Carry College Football Games
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'