EXCLUSIVE: Fox 2000 has acquired screen rights to The Floor Of Heaven, a non-fiction book by Howard Blum that will be published April 26 by Crown/Random House. Book is the fact-based story of Charlie Siringo, a cowboy who, after the taming of the Old West, became a Pinkerton detective. He’s drawn into a case takes him to the Yukon Gold Rush of 1897. George Carmack, whose early discovery of gold fueled the rush for riches, has been robbed of a fortune in heavy gold bars and Siringo tries to solve the crime. The film’s being done as a co-production between Chernin Entertainment and Fox 2000, with Chernin exec Dylan Clark running point with Fox 2000’s Carla Hacken. Deal was low against high six-figures. Blum last book, American Lightning, is being developed by Wind Dancer Productions. CAA made the deal.
Fox 2000, Peter Chernin Acquire Gold Rush Tale 'The Floor Of Heaven'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC