EXCLUSIVE: Fox 2000 has acquired screen rights to The Floor Of Heaven, a non-fiction book by Howard Blum that will be published April 26 by Crown/Random House. Book is the fact-based story of Charlie Siringo, a cowboy who, after the taming of the Old West, became a Pinkerton detective. He’s drawn into a case takes him to the Yukon Gold Rush of 1897. George Carmack, whose early discovery of gold fueled the rush for riches, has been robbed of a fortune in heavy gold bars and Siringo tries to solve the crime. The film’s being done as a co-production between Chernin Entertainment and Fox 2000, with Chernin exec Dylan Clark running point with Fox 2000’s Carla Hacken. Deal was low against high six-figures. Blum last book, American Lightning, is being developed by Wind Dancer Productions. CAA made the deal.
Fox 2000, Peter Chernin Acquire Gold Rush Tale 'The Floor Of Heaven'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance