While Katie Couric’s June exit from the anchor chair of CBS Evening News after five years appears a foregone conclusion, a departure from CBS News is far from that. With CBS aggressively pursuing Couric for a daytime talk show, if she chooses to go with CBS TV Distribution, she is expected to stay at CBS News until the fall 2012 launch of her talk show, continuing her gigs on 60 Minutes and CBS Sunday Morning. (There will be a similar provision to work in the news division of NBC if she decides to set her syndication show there, and at CNN, in what now appears a more unlikely scenario of Couric signing with Time Warner’s Telepictures Prods. for her talker.) As for Couric’s potential replacement at CBS Evening News, early speculation seems to be focused on 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley.
For Katie Couric, Leaving 'CBS Evening News' Does Not Mean Exit From CBS News
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Hillary Clinton Beat Donald Trump At Debate; Hell Has Frozen Over
- ‘I Love Dick’, ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ & ‘The Tick’ Picked Up To Series By Amazon
- NBCUni CEO Steve Burke Applauds Presidential Debate Moderator Lester Holt
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…