That ’70s Show alum Wilmer Valderrama, The Practice veteran Steve Harris and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit co-star BD Wong have been cast opposite Jason Isaacs in NBC’s drama pilot REM, from Lone Star creator Kyle Killen and 20th Century Fox TV. Also cast in the project, described as an Inception-style thriller, are Laura Allen (Terriers) and teen Dylan Minnette. REM centers on Detective Mark Britten (Isaacs), who wakes up after an accident to find he is living in two different realities, one in which he has killed his son Rex (Minnette) and one in which he has killed his wife Hannah. Valderrama will play Detective Richard Vega, Britten’s gregarious new partner in one reality, while Harris will play a seasoned, cynical, wry-humored police detective who’s Britten’s partner in the other reality. Wong will play Britten’s therapist in the reality where he has killed his son. Allen will play Rex’s tennis coach, who has become his confidante in the wake of the recent loss of his mother. Valderrama’s casting stems from his talent deal with 20th TV.
Five Actors Cast In Kyle Killen's 'REM' Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016