That ’70s Show alum Wilmer Valderrama, The Practice veteran Steve Harris and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit co-star BD Wong have been cast opposite Jason Isaacs in NBC’s drama pilot REM, from Lone Star creator Kyle Killen and 20th Century Fox TV. Also cast in the project, described as an Inception-style thriller, are Laura Allen (Terriers) and teen Dylan Minnette. REM centers on Detective Mark Britten (Isaacs), who wakes up after an accident to find he is living in two different realities, one in which he has killed his son Rex (Minnette) and one in which he has killed his wife Hannah. Valderrama will play Detective Richard Vega, Britten’s gregarious new partner in one reality, while Harris will play a seasoned, cynical, wry-humored police detective who’s Britten’s partner in the other reality. Wong will play Britten’s therapist in the reality where he has killed his son. Allen will play Rex’s tennis coach, who has become his confidante in the wake of the recent loss of his mother. Valderrama’s casting stems from his talent deal with 20th TV.
Five Actors Cast In Kyle Killen's 'REM' Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'