I’ve just learned that Lionsgate is close to naming Julie Fontaine as the new EVP of Theatrical Publicity, heading up all of the film studio PR efforts. The deal is not quite done because Julie needs to be released from her Disney contract, so final details are being ironed out. A class act (and Lionsgate sure neeeds that now), she oversaw all media strategy including on Walt Disney Studios’ theatrical releases, including Tron: Legacy and Gnomeo And Juliet 3D. She has also been leading the team on the upcoming DreamWorks Studios live-action slate, including Real Steel and The Help. Before that, Fontaine spent six years at Miramax, where she oversaw specialty campaigns including for The Queen and The Diving Bell & The Butterfly. She was hired by Lionsgate’s President of Marketing Tim Palen.
Film Studio PR Julie Fontaine Moving From Disney To Lionsgate
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…