I’ve just learned that Lionsgate is close to naming Julie Fontaine as the new EVP of Theatrical Publicity, heading up all of the film studio PR efforts. The deal is not quite done because Julie needs to be released from her Disney contract, so final details are being ironed out. A class act (and Lionsgate sure neeeds that now), she oversaw all media strategy including on Walt Disney Studios’ theatrical releases, including Tron: Legacy and Gnomeo And Juliet 3D. She has also been leading the team on the upcoming DreamWorks Studios live-action slate, including Real Steel and The Help. Before that, Fontaine spent six years at Miramax, where she oversaw specialty campaigns including for The Queen and The Diving Bell & The Butterfly. She was hired by Lionsgate’s President of Marketing Tim Palen.
Film Studio PR Julie Fontaine Moving From Disney To Lionsgate
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller