I’ve just learned that Lionsgate is close to naming Julie Fontaine as the new EVP of Theatrical Publicity, heading up all of the film studio PR efforts. The deal is not quite done because Julie needs to be released from her Disney contract, so final details are being ironed out. A class act (and Lionsgate sure neeeds that now), she oversaw all media strategy including on Walt Disney Studios’ theatrical releases, including Tron: Legacy and Gnomeo And Juliet 3D. She has also been leading the team on the upcoming DreamWorks Studios live-action slate, including Real Steel and The Help. Before that, Fontaine spent six years at Miramax, where she oversaw specialty campaigns including for The Queen and The Diving Bell & The Butterfly. She was hired by Lionsgate’s President of Marketing Tim Palen.
Film Studio PR Julie Fontaine Moving From Disney To Lionsgate
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’