I’ve just learned that Lionsgate is close to naming Julie Fontaine as the new EVP of Theatrical Publicity, heading up all of the film studio PR efforts. The deal is not quite done because Julie needs to be released from her Disney contract, so final details are being ironed out. A class act (and Lionsgate sure neeeds that now), she oversaw all media strategy including on Walt Disney Studios’ theatrical releases, including Tron: Legacy and Gnomeo And Juliet 3D. She has also been leading the team on the upcoming DreamWorks Studios live-action slate, including Real Steel and The Help. Before that, Fontaine spent six years at Miramax, where she oversaw specialty campaigns including for The Queen and The Diving Bell & The Butterfly. She was hired by Lionsgate’s President of Marketing Tim Palen.
Film Studio PR Julie Fontaine Moving From Disney To Lionsgate
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest Film News
- Attorney Gloria Allred, Subject Of Emmy-Contending Doc, On Bill Cosby Sentencing, Friars Roast & ‘Seeing Allred…
- ‘A Simple Favor’ Teaser: Anna Kendrick & Blake Lively In Thriller From Paul Feig
- Vancouver’s Public Transportation Service “Pauses” Relationship With Morgan Freeman Following Allegations
- Blumhouse Acquiring ‘Intruders,’ Tommy Wirkola’s Next Thriller
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- ‘Shooting In Vain’ Trailer: Indie Drama About The Needle And The Damage Done