In her first series gig, Ellen Barkin is set to co-star opposite Don Johnson in Michael Patrick King’s drama pilot A Mann’s World. The Warner Bros. TV-produced project stars Don Johnson as Allan Mann, a fiftysomething handsome and sexy straight Beverly Hills hairdresser struggling to stay young and relevant in a place where looks are everything. Barkin will play Allan’s forgiving, funny ex-wife and the mother of their three children. She and Allen built his beauty empire together before she removed herself from the day-to-day operation and now serves as his financial and, occasionally, emotional adviser. On TV, Barkin has done several movies, winning an Emmy for one of them, 1997’s When Women Had Wings.
Ellen Barkin Joins NBC's 'A Mann's World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison