In her first series gig, Ellen Barkin is set to co-star opposite Don Johnson in Michael Patrick King’s drama pilot A Mann’s World. The Warner Bros. TV-produced project stars Don Johnson as Allan Mann, a fiftysomething handsome and sexy straight Beverly Hills hairdresser struggling to stay young and relevant in a place where looks are everything. Barkin will play Allan’s forgiving, funny ex-wife and the mother of their three children. She and Allen built his beauty empire together before she removed herself from the day-to-day operation and now serves as his financial and, occasionally, emotional adviser. On TV, Barkin has done several movies, winning an Emmy for one of them, 1997’s When Women Had Wings.
Ellen Barkin Joins NBC's 'A Mann's World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Dan Goor On Cancellation-Renewal Saga; Season Finale That Could Have Been A Series Finale
Latest TV News
- ‘Catch-22’: Giancarlo Giannini To Co-Star In George Clooney’s Hulu Limited Series
- Comcast-Sky: UK Government Doesn’t See Initial Public Interest Concerns In Acquisition Bid
- LA Screenings 2018: 1,500 Global Buyers Eye Hot Broadcast Dramas & Comedies As Event Heads Into New Era
- Netflix Signs Comedian Vir Das For Two Additional Live Stand-up Specials
- Michael Douglas, David Simon, Ava DuVernay, ‘Sherlock’ Producer Behind New Dramas For Atrium TV
- ITV’s Royals Drama ‘Victoria’ Adds ‘Harlots’ & ‘Lewis’ Stars With Third Season Shoot…