In her first series gig, Ellen Barkin is set to co-star opposite Don Johnson in Michael Patrick King’s drama pilot A Mann’s World. The Warner Bros. TV-produced project stars Don Johnson as Allan Mann, a fiftysomething handsome and sexy straight Beverly Hills hairdresser struggling to stay young and relevant in a place where looks are everything. Barkin will play Allan’s forgiving, funny ex-wife and the mother of their three children. She and Allen built his beauty empire together before she removed herself from the day-to-day operation and now serves as his financial and, occasionally, emotional adviser. On TV, Barkin has done several movies, winning an Emmy for one of them, 1997’s When Women Had Wings.
Ellen Barkin Joins NBC's 'A Mann's World'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘Cuckoo’ Comedy Based On UK Series Gets NBC Pilot Order
- Showtime To Adapt U.K. Mini ‘The Driver’ As Drama Series Starring David Morrissey
- Producer Ash Atalla Inks First-Look Deal With HBO
- Mindy Kaling Signs With CAA
- ‘Flesh & Blood’ Mystery Drama From Jenna Bans Gets ABC Pilot Order
- ‘Limitless’ Drama, Dan O’Shannon & Tad Quill Comedies Get CBS Pilot Orders