Elizabeth Perkins is headed back to the suburbs. The actress, who left Showtime’s dark comedy Weeds in May after five seasons, has been cast as the female lead opposite Michael Chiklis in the CBS family comedy pilot Vince Uncensored. The multicamera comedy, written by Phoef Sutton and to be directed by Kelsey Grammer, centers on Vince (Chiklis), a family man who experiences a medical problem and starts to speak the truth and live in the moment much to the chagrin of his family. Perkins will play his schoolteacher wife Janet, who is patient dealing with the new Vince. The pilot is being produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Bros TV. Perkins, repped by Gersh and Brillstein, next co-stars in the live-action/CGI movie Hop, which opens April 1.
Elizabeth Perkins To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'Vince Uncensored'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jane Lynch To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Angel From Hell’
- KaDee Strickland To Topline CBS Pilot ‘Doubt’
- Christine Lahti Joins ABC Pilot ‘The Adversaries’
- PILOT SEASON 2015: The Overachievers
- Wilmer Valderrama Joins ‘Minority Report’
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner Cast In Fox Comedy Pilot ’48 Hours ‘Til Monday’