Elizabeth Perkins is headed back to the suburbs. The actress, who left Showtime’s dark comedy Weeds in May after five seasons, has been cast as the female lead opposite Michael Chiklis in the CBS family comedy pilot Vince Uncensored. The multicamera comedy, written by Phoef Sutton and to be directed by Kelsey Grammer, centers on Vince (Chiklis), a family man who experiences a medical problem and starts to speak the truth and live in the moment much to the chagrin of his family. Perkins will play his schoolteacher wife Janet, who is patient dealing with the new Vince. The pilot is being produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Bros TV. Perkins, repped by Gersh and Brillstein, next co-stars in the live-action/CGI movie Hop, which opens April 1.
Elizabeth Perkins To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'Vince Uncensored'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”