Elizabeth Perkins is headed back to the suburbs. The actress, who left Showtime’s dark comedy Weeds in May after five seasons, has been cast as the female lead opposite Michael Chiklis in the CBS family comedy pilot Vince Uncensored. The multicamera comedy, written by Phoef Sutton and to be directed by Kelsey Grammer, centers on Vince (Chiklis), a family man who experiences a medical problem and starts to speak the truth and live in the moment much to the chagrin of his family. Perkins will play his schoolteacher wife Janet, who is patient dealing with the new Vince. The pilot is being produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Bros TV. Perkins, repped by Gersh and Brillstein, next co-stars in the live-action/CGI movie Hop, which opens April 1.
Elizabeth Perkins To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'Vince Uncensored'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
'Mission: Impossible - Fallout': Tom Cruise Jumped Out Of Plane 106 Times For Skydive Stunt - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- NFL And Amazon Renew Thursday Night Streaming Deal Through 2019
- ‘The Cosby Show’ Reruns Yanked From Bounce TV After Guilty Bill Cosby Verdict
- Bill Cosby Guilty Verdict Washes Over TV Landcape
- ‘James Cameron’s Story of Science Fiction’: AMC To Launch Entire First Season Of Visionaries Series For…
- How ‘The Orville’s Production Designer Created The Two-Story Spaceship For “Aspirational” Series – Production Value…
- ‘Lovecraft Country’: Jurnee Smollett-Bell To Star In HBO Series From Jordan Peele, J.J. Abrams & Misha Green