Elizabeth Perkins is headed back to the suburbs. The actress, who left Showtime’s dark comedy Weeds in May after five seasons, has been cast as the female lead opposite Michael Chiklis in the CBS family comedy pilot Vince Uncensored. The multicamera comedy, written by Phoef Sutton and to be directed by Kelsey Grammer, centers on Vince (Chiklis), a family man who experiences a medical problem and starts to speak the truth and live in the moment much to the chagrin of his family. Perkins will play his schoolteacher wife Janet, who is patient dealing with the new Vince. The pilot is being produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco and Warner Bros TV. Perkins, repped by Gersh and Brillstein, next co-stars in the live-action/CGI movie Hop, which opens April 1.
Elizabeth Perkins To Star In CBS' Comedy Pilot 'Vince Uncensored'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Tide Rises & Drowns 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Saturday Night Update
Obama's Final White House Correspondents' Dinner Kicks Off With Will Smith, Priyanka Chopra, Bryan Cranston, WME & UTA Brass
Latest TV News
- Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents Dinner Skewering
- Watch Obama Blast Trump, Clinton & CNN At Final White House Correspondents’ Dinner – Update
- ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ Finale Ratings Steady With 2015, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Originals’ Rise
- Daytime Emmys Creative Arts Winners: PBS & CBS Dominate
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix