EXCLUSIVE: Director Bryan Singer has set Eleanor Tomlinson to play the female lead in Jack the Giant Killer for New Line and Legendary Pictures. She stars opposite Nicholas Hoult. The 19-year old Tomlinson plays Isabella, the princess who runs away from the kingdom and is kidnapped by the giants. Before that happens, she runs into Jack, the son of a farmer and makes a strong enough impression that he leads a mission into the land of the giants to get her back. Singer did an extensive search before deciding on Tomlinson. The British actress has been acting in films since she was 12, including The Illusionist and Angus , Thongs and Perfect Snogging. More recently, she played a role in Alice in Wonderland, but this is the biggest role of her career so far. Her reps at WME and UK-based Conway Van Gelder just made her deal, and she’s off to London to begin shooting.
Eleanor Tomlinson Lands 'Jack The Giant Killer' Female Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation