EXCLUSIVE: Director Bryan Singer has set Eleanor Tomlinson to play the female lead in Jack the Giant Killer for New Line and Legendary Pictures. She stars opposite Nicholas Hoult. The 19-year old Tomlinson plays Isabella, the princess who runs away from the kingdom and is kidnapped by the giants. Before that happens, she runs into Jack, the son of a farmer and makes a strong enough impression that he leads a mission into the land of the giants to get her back. Singer did an extensive search before deciding on Tomlinson. The British actress has been acting in films since she was 12, including The Illusionist and Angus , Thongs and Perfect Snogging. More recently, she played a role in Alice in Wonderland, but this is the biggest role of her career so far. Her reps at WME and UK-based Conway Van Gelder just made her deal, and she’s off to London to begin shooting.
Eleanor Tomlinson Lands 'Jack The Giant Killer' Female Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest Film News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Will Smith In ‘Gemini Man’
- Fathom Events Taps Ex-DWA Exec Gordon Synn For Key Role; Blue Fox Names Richard Stafford Head Of PR
- Legendary Snags Movie Rights To YA ‘Ferryman’ Trilogy
- ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Teaser: Wheels Up On Gus Van Sant’s John Callahan Movie
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look VR Deal With XYZ Films