EXCLUSIVE: Former Nip/Tuck star Dylan Walsh has been tapped as the male lead opposite Poppy Montgomery in CBS’ untitled Ed Redlich/John Bellucci pilot. The project, which will be directed by The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo helmer Niels Arden Oplev, centers on Carrie Wells (Montgomery), a former detective and now a volunteer at a nursing home. She possesses the special ability to remember everything, which turns out to be a gift and a curse. Walsh will play Detective Al Burns, the chief of a crack team of NYPD detectives. Back in Syracuse, Al worked with Carrie, the best cop he’d ever met and the love of his life. However, Carrie’s unique ability effectively destroyed their relationship. Now engaged to another woman, Al runs into Carrie when her neighbor is murdered outside their apartment building and eventually enlists her as an expert “consultant” for the department. The setup and dynamic between the characters is reminiscent of that between Simon Baker’s Patrick Jane and Robin Tunney’s Teresa Lisbon on CBS’ The Mentalist. Walsh signed on for the Redlich/Bellucci pilot after fielding multiple offers. The project hails from CBS TV Studios, Sony TV and Timberman/Beverly Prods. It reunites Walsh with CBS, the two studios and producers Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly. Last year, Walsh starred in the CBS drama pilot The Line, from Sony TV and Timberman/Beverly. Earlier this development season, he was attached to an FBI drama project for CBS from CBS TV Studios and Timberman/Beverly. Walsh, repped by Gersh and manager Bob McGowan, recently starred in Secretariat.
Dylan Walsh To Star In CBS Cop Drama Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'