Dwayne Johnson will star in Snitch, an action thriller directed by Ric Roman Waugh for Exclusive Media Group. Script is by Justin Haythe, with a rewrite by the director. Johnson plays a working class guy who risks everything to save his son, who is falsely imprisoned. It’s the latest in a swing that Johnson has made back to hunky action roles. Gordon Gray and David Fanning are producing. He’ll next be seen in Fast Five, which Universal releases April 29, followed by the Journey to the Center of the Earth sequel Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. CAA made his deal.
Dwayne Johnson Signs On For 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou
- Tribeca Winner ‘Here Alone’ To Get Early 2017 Release Via Vertical Entertainment
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings