Dwayne Johnson will star in Snitch, an action thriller directed by Ric Roman Waugh for Exclusive Media Group. Script is by Justin Haythe, with a rewrite by the director. Johnson plays a working class guy who risks everything to save his son, who is falsely imprisoned. It’s the latest in a swing that Johnson has made back to hunky action roles. Gordon Gray and David Fanning are producing. He’ll next be seen in Fast Five, which Universal releases April 29, followed by the Journey to the Center of the Earth sequel Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. CAA made his deal.
Dwayne Johnson Signs On For 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- Gravitas Ventures Hires Scott Kaplan As SVP Global Sales
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith, Virginia Madsen & More Set For AIDS Drama Pic ‘1985’ From Yen Tan
- Lea Thompson To Star In New Feature Adaptation Of ‘Little Women’