After a stint on FX with Terriers, Donal Logue is returning to broadcast television as the lead in Marc Cherry’s Hallelujah drama pilot for ABC. The project is set in the town of Hallelujah, Tenn., where the forces of good and evil are exemplified by hardworking, moral diner owner Rye Turner (Logue), a family man who has had a run of tragic luck, and his long-time nemesis, corrupt millionaire Del Roman (Terry O’Quinn), who is a law unto himself. Del seems to be winning the battle until mysterious newcomer Jared O’Neal (Jesse L. Martin) arrives in town. The pilot brings Logue back to ABC, where he toplined the underrated comedy series Knights of Prosperity.
Donal Logue To Star In Marc Cherry's Drama Pilot 'Hallelujah'
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA