In one of the biggest talent deals this pilot season, Damon Wayans has been tapped to star in CBS’ untitled sports radio show pilot. The multicamera comedy, from veteran writer-producers Bill Martin and Mike Schiff, CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., is inspired by ESPN personality Colin Cowherd’s outspoken sports talk show. It centers on Nick (Wayans), an egotistical sports-radio host with a quick wit and cocky likability who is adored by his fans. When he’s on the air, Nick says he is “right about everything.” But the moment he steps out of the booth, “I’m just a schmuck trying to keep three women from freaking out on me.” The deal with Wayans, which took several weeks to close, is said to be for a top-dollar acting fee and a substantial piece of the show’s potential backend. On TV, Gersh-repped Wayans most recently starred on ABC’s long-running sitcom My Wife and Kids, which he also co-created.
Damon Wayans To Star In CBS' Sports Show Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'