In one of the biggest talent deals this pilot season, Damon Wayans has been tapped to star in CBS’ untitled sports radio show pilot. The multicamera comedy, from veteran writer-producers Bill Martin and Mike Schiff, CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., is inspired by ESPN personality Colin Cowherd’s outspoken sports talk show. It centers on Nick (Wayans), an egotistical sports-radio host with a quick wit and cocky likability who is adored by his fans. When he’s on the air, Nick says he is “right about everything.” But the moment he steps out of the booth, “I’m just a schmuck trying to keep three women from freaking out on me.” The deal with Wayans, which took several weeks to close, is said to be for a top-dollar acting fee and a substantial piece of the show’s potential backend. On TV, Gersh-repped Wayans most recently starred on ABC’s long-running sitcom My Wife and Kids, which he also co-created.
Damon Wayans To Star In CBS' Sports Show Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate