In one of the biggest talent deals this pilot season, Damon Wayans has been tapped to star in CBS’ untitled sports radio show pilot. The multicamera comedy, from veteran writer-producers Bill Martin and Mike Schiff, CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., is inspired by ESPN personality Colin Cowherd’s outspoken sports talk show. It centers on Nick (Wayans), an egotistical sports-radio host with a quick wit and cocky likability who is adored by his fans. When he’s on the air, Nick says he is “right about everything.” But the moment he steps out of the booth, “I’m just a schmuck trying to keep three women from freaking out on me.” The deal with Wayans, which took several weeks to close, is said to be for a top-dollar acting fee and a substantial piece of the show’s potential backend. On TV, Gersh-repped Wayans most recently starred on ABC’s long-running sitcom My Wife and Kids, which he also co-created.
Damon Wayans To Star In CBS' Sports Show Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'