In one of the biggest talent deals this pilot season, Damon Wayans has been tapped to star in CBS’ untitled sports radio show pilot. The multicamera comedy, from veteran writer-producers Bill Martin and Mike Schiff, CBS TV Studios and the Tannenbaum Co., is inspired by ESPN personality Colin Cowherd’s outspoken sports talk show. It centers on Nick (Wayans), an egotistical sports-radio host with a quick wit and cocky likability who is adored by his fans. When he’s on the air, Nick says he is “right about everything.” But the moment he steps out of the booth, “I’m just a schmuck trying to keep three women from freaking out on me.” The deal with Wayans, which took several weeks to close, is said to be for a top-dollar acting fee and a substantial piece of the show’s potential backend. On TV, Gersh-repped Wayans most recently starred on ABC’s long-running sitcom My Wife and Kids, which he also co-created.
Damon Wayans To Star In CBS' Sports Show Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce