EXCLUSIVE: Cybill Shepherd has been tapped for a lead role in ABC’s comedy pilot My Freakin’ Family. The project, penned by Erica Rivinoja, centers on young parents Anna (Ellen Woglom) and Raj (Ravi Patel), whose lives change after they have a baby boy and the four grandparents with very different cultural backgrounds descend upon their lives. Shepherd will play Raj’s uptight and sophisticated mom, Nell. She dresses in the traditional Indian garb and wants to be involved in baby Clark’s life so he doesn’t turn out “white” like her son did, and she is prepared to go to war with Anna’s mom Maureen (Mo Gaffney) over Clark’s mixed cultural heritage. Shepherd, repped by Fortitude and Hofflund, had her first big success on ABC with Moonlighting. She recently did an arc on USA’s Psych.
Cybill Shepherd To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'My Freakin' Family'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Now At $82M+, 'Alice' Taking A Spill With $40M Over 4-Day Memorial Day Holiday - Early PM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling Presidential…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison
- Donald Trump Backs Out Of Debate With Bernie Sanders, TV Networks Mourn
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says