EXCLUSIVE: Cybill Shepherd has been tapped for a lead role in ABC’s comedy pilot My Freakin’ Family. The project, penned by Erica Rivinoja, centers on young parents Anna (Ellen Woglom) and Raj (Ravi Patel), whose lives change after they have a baby boy and the four grandparents with very different cultural backgrounds descend upon their lives. Shepherd will play Raj’s uptight and sophisticated mom, Nell. She dresses in the traditional Indian garb and wants to be involved in baby Clark’s life so he doesn’t turn out “white” like her son did, and she is prepared to go to war with Anna’s mom Maureen (Mo Gaffney) over Clark’s mixed cultural heritage. Shepherd, repped by Fortitude and Hofflund, had her first big success on ABC with Moonlighting. She recently did an arc on USA’s Psych.
Cybill Shepherd To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'My Freakin' Family'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Latest TV News
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should “Suspend”…
- ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’: Amazon Sets January Premiere
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 4 Gets Netflix U.S. Release Date
- ProSiebenSat.1 Hunts CEO; EuropaCorp Sells French TV Unit; ‘Falco’ Remade In Lat Am; Time Scores UK Show…
- Amazon Prime Takes French Thriller ‘Black Spot’ In Global Streaming Deal
- Ridley Scott’s ‘The Terror’ Goes Global After Amazon Strikes Output Deal with AMC Studios