EXCLUSIVE: Cybill Shepherd has been tapped for a lead role in ABC’s comedy pilot My Freakin’ Family. The project, penned by Erica Rivinoja, centers on young parents Anna (Ellen Woglom) and Raj (Ravi Patel), whose lives change after they have a baby boy and the four grandparents with very different cultural backgrounds descend upon their lives. Shepherd will play Raj’s uptight and sophisticated mom, Nell. She dresses in the traditional Indian garb and wants to be involved in baby Clark’s life so he doesn’t turn out “white” like her son did, and she is prepared to go to war with Anna’s mom Maureen (Mo Gaffney) over Clark’s mixed cultural heritage. Shepherd, repped by Fortitude and Hofflund, had her first big success on ABC with Moonlighting. She recently did an arc on USA’s Psych.
Cybill Shepherd To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'My Freakin' Family'
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest TV News
- Angus Sampson Joins Hulu Drama ‘Shut Eye’; Manny Montana Cast in ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- NBC’s Matt Hubbard Comedy Pilot Adds Three To Family
- Natalie Martinez To Star In Fox Drama Pilot ‘A.P.B.’
- Maya Rudolph-Martin Short Variety Show Finally A Go At NBC
- Jennifer Getzinger To Helm ‘Miranda’s Rights’, Only Female Director Hire On Drama Pilot This Season
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot