EXCLUSIVE: Cybill Shepherd has been tapped for a lead role in ABC’s comedy pilot My Freakin’ Family. The project, penned by Erica Rivinoja, centers on young parents Anna (Ellen Woglom) and Raj (Ravi Patel), whose lives change after they have a baby boy and the four grandparents with very different cultural backgrounds descend upon their lives. Shepherd will play Raj’s uptight and sophisticated mom, Nell. She dresses in the traditional Indian garb and wants to be involved in baby Clark’s life so he doesn’t turn out “white” like her son did, and she is prepared to go to war with Anna’s mom Maureen (Mo Gaffney) over Clark’s mixed cultural heritage. Shepherd, repped by Fortitude and Hofflund, had her first big success on ABC with Moonlighting. She recently did an arc on USA’s Psych.
Cybill Shepherd To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'My Freakin' Family'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest TV News
- WGA Ratifies New Film & TV Contract
- Advertiser Exits Sean Hannity FNC Show As He Continues Peddling Seth Rich Murder Story On Other Platforms
- ‘Cleopatra’ TV Series In the Works At Amazon From ‘Black Sails’ Team
- ‘Supernatural’: Mark Sheppard Won’t Return As Regular In Season 13
- ‘American Horror Story’: Ryan Murphy Teases Billie Lourd’s Role In Season 7
- ‘Shots Fired’ Creators & Sanaa Lathan On How The Ferguson Riots Led To Fox Series – The Contenders…