EXCLUSIVE: Cybill Shepherd has been tapped for a lead role in ABC’s comedy pilot My Freakin’ Family. The project, penned by Erica Rivinoja, centers on young parents Anna (Ellen Woglom) and Raj (Ravi Patel), whose lives change after they have a baby boy and the four grandparents with very different cultural backgrounds descend upon their lives. Shepherd will play Raj’s uptight and sophisticated mom, Nell. She dresses in the traditional Indian garb and wants to be involved in baby Clark’s life so he doesn’t turn out “white” like her son did, and she is prepared to go to war with Anna’s mom Maureen (Mo Gaffney) over Clark’s mixed cultural heritage. Shepherd, repped by Fortitude and Hofflund, had her first big success on ABC with Moonlighting. She recently did an arc on USA’s Psych.
Cybill Shepherd To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'My Freakin' Family'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie To Start Production In 2018
- Samantha Bee Looks For All The Words Donald Trump And His Team Are Hiding
- ‘Really?! With Seth & Amy’: Meyers & Poehler Trash Trump/Caesar Protests On ‘Late Night’
- 'Fargo' EP Noah Hawley On Open-Ended Finale, Potential Season 4 & 'Cat's Cradle'
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’: First Poster Brings The Solitary Superheroes Together
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Ratings Score Core Demo Series High With Season 2 Premiere