EXCLUSIVE: In her first regular series gig, Connie Nielsen will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in the Starz series Boss. In the 8-episode political drama, written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Grammer stars as Kane, the Mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Nielsen will play his immaculately groomed wife Meredith who is a pro with the press and tough when she needs to be. Meredith and Kane have a bad marriage and barely speak when they aren’t in public. Denmark-born Nielsen, repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment, is best known for her starring role in Gladiator. On TV, she did a six-episode arc as the female lead on Law & Order: SVU, filling in for Mariska Hargitay during her maternity leave. Nielsen also played the title role in the 2008 A&E pilot Danny Fricke. Boss is produced by Lionsgate TV and executive produced by Safinia, Van Sant, Grammer, co-showrunners Richard Levine and Lyn Greene, Brian Sher and Stella Stolper.
Connie Nielsen To Star In Starz's Drama Series 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’
- ‘Archer’ Creator Looking To End Series With 10th Season
- ‘Legends Of Chamberlain Heights’ Duo Josiah Johnson & Quinn Hawking Sign With UTA
- ‘Mail Order Family’ Comedy Not Going Forward At NBC After Objections
- ABC Head Of PR Hope Hartman Departs To Do Docus, Starting with ‘The Judy Effect’
- NBC Buys ‘A Year To Remember’ Drama From Telefe USA & Kapital Entertainment