EXCLUSIVE: In her first regular series gig, Connie Nielsen will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in the Starz series Boss. In the 8-episode political drama, written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Grammer stars as Kane, the Mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Nielsen will play his immaculately groomed wife Meredith who is a pro with the press and tough when she needs to be. Meredith and Kane have a bad marriage and barely speak when they aren’t in public. Denmark-born Nielsen, repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment, is best known for her starring role in Gladiator. On TV, she did a six-episode arc as the female lead on Law & Order: SVU, filling in for Mariska Hargitay during her maternity leave. Nielsen also played the title role in the 2008 A&E pilot Danny Fricke. Boss is produced by Lionsgate TV and executive produced by Safinia, Van Sant, Grammer, co-showrunners Richard Levine and Lyn Greene, Brian Sher and Stella Stolper.
Connie Nielsen To Star In Starz's Drama Series 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Hears From Donald Trump Voters; Kellyanne Conway Discusses Damage Control
- Ric Reitz Re-Elected President Of SAG-AFTRA Atlanta Local, Continues Run Of Wins For Gabrielle Carteris Supporters
- New York Talent Agent Mark Schlegel Missing Since Sunday, Family Says
- 'For The People': Jasmin Savoy Brown To Star In New Shondaland ABC Series
- N.K. Jemisin’s ‘The Fifth Season’ Book To Be Developed As TV Series At TNT
- PHOTOS: Gordon Ramsay Hosts Exquisite “For Your Children” Event In Support Of ‘MasterChef Junior’