EXCLUSIVE: In her first regular series gig, Connie Nielsen will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in the Starz series Boss. In the 8-episode political drama, written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Grammer stars as Kane, the Mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Nielsen will play his immaculately groomed wife Meredith who is a pro with the press and tough when she needs to be. Meredith and Kane have a bad marriage and barely speak when they aren’t in public. Denmark-born Nielsen, repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment, is best known for her starring role in Gladiator. On TV, she did a six-episode arc as the female lead on Law & Order: SVU, filling in for Mariska Hargitay during her maternity leave. Nielsen also played the title role in the 2008 A&E pilot Danny Fricke. Boss is produced by Lionsgate TV and executive produced by Safinia, Van Sant, Grammer, co-showrunners Richard Levine and Lyn Greene, Brian Sher and Stella Stolper.
Connie Nielsen To Star In Starz's Drama Series 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two