EXCLUSIVE: In her first regular series gig, Connie Nielsen will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in the Starz series Boss. In the 8-episode political drama, written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Grammer stars as Kane, the Mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Nielsen will play his immaculately groomed wife Meredith who is a pro with the press and tough when she needs to be. Meredith and Kane have a bad marriage and barely speak when they aren’t in public. Denmark-born Nielsen, repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment, is best known for her starring role in Gladiator. On TV, she did a six-episode arc as the female lead on Law & Order: SVU, filling in for Mariska Hargitay during her maternity leave. Nielsen also played the title role in the 2008 A&E pilot Danny Fricke. Boss is produced by Lionsgate TV and executive produced by Safinia, Van Sant, Grammer, co-showrunners Richard Levine and Lyn Greene, Brian Sher and Stella Stolper.
Connie Nielsen To Star In Starz's Drama Series 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Andreeva
- Maya Rudolph & Jaden Smith To Appear In Diallo Riddle/Bashir Salahuddin HBO Pilot
- Tyler James Williams Cast In ‘Criminal Minds’ Spinoff
- ‘Code Black’ Medical Drama From Michael Seitzman, Divorced-Dad Comedy Get CBS Pilot Orders
- ‘Togetherness’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO
- Brianna Brown Returns To ‘Devious Maids’ As Series Regular
- Trio Exit Circle Of Confusion To Form New Management/Production Company