EXCLUSIVE: In her first regular series gig, Connie Nielsen will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in the Starz series Boss. In the 8-episode political drama, written by Farhad Safinia and directed by Gus Van Sant, Grammer stars as Kane, the Mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Nielsen will play his immaculately groomed wife Meredith who is a pro with the press and tough when she needs to be. Meredith and Kane have a bad marriage and barely speak when they aren’t in public. Denmark-born Nielsen, repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment, is best known for her starring role in Gladiator. On TV, she did a six-episode arc as the female lead on Law & Order: SVU, filling in for Mariska Hargitay during her maternity leave. Nielsen also played the title role in the 2008 A&E pilot Danny Fricke. Boss is produced by Lionsgate TV and executive produced by Safinia, Van Sant, Grammer, co-showrunners Richard Levine and Lyn Greene, Brian Sher and Stella Stolper.
Connie Nielsen To Star In Starz's Drama Series 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Good Universe Lands Uber Sex Harassment Whistleblower Susan Fowler Pic; 'Hidden Figures' Allison Schroeder Scripting
'Suburbicon' Review: George Clooney, Coen Brothers & Matt Damon Seem Like A Dream Team, But The Results Disappoint
Latest TV News
- Wizard World To Launch SVOD Service In China For English-Language Content
- Tinopolis Regains Full Ownership Of Group, Buys Out Vitruvian Stake
- ‘The Little Prince’, ‘Moana’, ‘Sing’ & ‘Kubo’ Snag BAFTA Children’s Nominations; Lionsgate Names India Head…
- Trevor Noah “Applauds” Fox News For Reporting On Sexual Predators Not In Building
- Stephen Colbert Ponders George W. Quip That Tickled Obama During Benefit
- Amazon Studios: Joe Lewis Exits As Head Of Comedy & Drama