NBC and Lorne Michaels have won the Christina Applegate sweepstakes. The actress, who had been inundated by offers this pilot season, has closed a deal to topline NBC’s untitled Emily Spivey comedy pilot, lifting the contingency on the project. The comedy, from writer Spivey and Saturday Night Live chief Michaels, is an irreverent look at parenthood through the POV of an acerbic working mother (Applegate) -– who never thought she’d be a mom -– along with her stay-at-home husband and opinionated parents. In addition to starring, Applegate will serve with producer along with her manager Eric Kranzler. The CAA-repped actress, who recently gave birth to her first child, was the most sought-after actress this pilot season with about a dozen offers.
Christina Applegate To Star In NBC's Emily Spivey Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Death Of Carl, Lauren Cohan’s Future + More ‘Fear…
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago