The Black List continues to be a springboard for script sales. Darius Films has optioned Point A, a script by Chris Rubeo that made the 2010 Black List. Rubeo is set to direct his script, and Darius Films principal Nicholas Tabarrok will produce. Rubeo wrote and directed the indie Hale Bopp. Point A is an unconventional love story between a 35-year-old magazine writer and the subject of his latest piece, a witty teenage video blogger. “It’s pretty provocative material,” Tabarrok said, “but Chris does a great job creating an authentic and believable chemistry between the two characters.” Darius Films produced the Peter Stebbings-directed Defendor, which starred Woody Harrelson, Kat Dennings and Sandra Oh, and A Beginners Guide to Endings, which Jonathan Sobol directed with Harvey Keitel, Scott Caan and JK Simmons. E1 acquired it for summer release. Rubeo is repped by ICM and manager John Tantillo.
Black List Title 'Point A' Lands Deal For Scribe Chris Rubeo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Ron Howard Talks Han Solo Movie & ‘Star Wars’ Universe – Cannes Lions
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’