The Black List continues to be a springboard for script sales. Darius Films has optioned Point A, a script by Chris Rubeo that made the 2010 Black List. Rubeo is set to direct his script, and Darius Films principal Nicholas Tabarrok will produce. Rubeo wrote and directed the indie Hale Bopp. Point A is an unconventional love story between a 35-year-old magazine writer and the subject of his latest piece, a witty teenage video blogger. “It’s pretty provocative material,” Tabarrok said, “but Chris does a great job creating an authentic and believable chemistry between the two characters.” Darius Films produced the Peter Stebbings-directed Defendor, which starred Woody Harrelson, Kat Dennings and Sandra Oh, and A Beginners Guide to Endings, which Jonathan Sobol directed with Harvey Keitel, Scott Caan and JK Simmons. E1 acquired it for summer release. Rubeo is repped by ICM and manager John Tantillo.
Black List Title 'Point A' Lands Deal For Scribe Chris Rubeo
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’ s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey