The Black List continues to be a springboard for script sales. Darius Films has optioned Point A, a script by Chris Rubeo that made the 2010 Black List. Rubeo is set to direct his script, and Darius Films principal Nicholas Tabarrok will produce. Rubeo wrote and directed the indie Hale Bopp. Point A is an unconventional love story between a 35-year-old magazine writer and the subject of his latest piece, a witty teenage video blogger. “It’s pretty provocative material,” Tabarrok said, “but Chris does a great job creating an authentic and believable chemistry between the two characters.” Darius Films produced the Peter Stebbings-directed Defendor, which starred Woody Harrelson, Kat Dennings and Sandra Oh, and A Beginners Guide to Endings, which Jonathan Sobol directed with Harvey Keitel, Scott Caan and JK Simmons. E1 acquired it for summer release. Rubeo is repped by ICM and manager John Tantillo.
Black List Title 'Point A' Lands Deal For Scribe Chris Rubeo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans