The news came today as part of an internal memo from CEO Tim Armstrong that was obtained by Bloomberg. It was only a matter of time for the move after AOL acquired The Huffington Post last month for $315 million. Most of the cuts will come from employees in India, but about 200 will be U.S.-based jobs. In total, that’s about 15% of the Internet company’s total work force.
AOL Lays Off As Many As 900 In Wake Of HuffPo Buy
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Bags Bully Ratings For PBS