The news came today as part of an internal memo from CEO Tim Armstrong that was obtained by Bloomberg. It was only a matter of time for the move after AOL acquired The Huffington Post last month for $315 million. Most of the cuts will come from employees in India, but about 200 will be U.S.-based jobs. In total, that’s about 15% of the Internet company’s total work force.
AOL Lays Off As Many As 900 In Wake Of HuffPo Buy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa