The news came today as part of an internal memo from CEO Tim Armstrong that was obtained by Bloomberg. It was only a matter of time for the move after AOL acquired The Huffington Post last month for $315 million. Most of the cuts will come from employees in India, but about 200 will be U.S.-based jobs. In total, that’s about 15% of the Internet company’s total work force.
AOL Lays Off As Many As 900 In Wake Of HuffPo Buy
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…