In what would be her first regular series gig, Oscar winner Anjelica Huston has been tapped to co-star opposite Debra Messing and Christian Borle in NBC’s drama pilot Smash, which follows a cross-section of characters who come together to put on a Marilyn Monroe musical on Broadway. Huston will play a shrewd, classy but cynical New York theater producer who is at home with the elite. Also co-starring in the pilot are Megan Hilty, Jack Davenport and Katharine McPhee. On TV, Huston recently recurred on the NBC/CBS drama Medium.
Anjelica Huston Joins NBC's 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- ‘Empire’ EP On Tonight’s Fiery Finale, Next Season’s Reset & Not Mentioning Trump
- Baz Luhrmann Reflects On ‘The Get Down’ Cancellation: “I'll See You On the Other-Side”
- Baz Luhrmann’s ‘The Get Down’ Canceled By Netflix After One Season
- Fox’s ‘Star’ Ups Miss Lawrence To Series Regular For Season 2
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Creator Ava DuVernay On Finding A Place To Breathe – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Jerry Perenchio Dies: Hollywood Dealmaker & Former Univision CEO Was 86