Angela Bassett is set as a lead in ABC’s drama pilot Identity. The project, from ABC Studios, Mark Gordon Co. and writer John Glenn, is an action procedural based on a British format, which centers on an elite police unit formed to combat the explosion of identity-related crime. Bassett will play Martha, the Special Agent in charge of the FBI’s new Identity Crimes Unit. Bronx-tough Vassar graduate from Greenwich, Martha is determined to make a go of this division, using sophisticated technology combined with good old fashioned investigative methods. The casting extends Bassett’s relationship with ABC, ABC Studios and producer Mark Gordon. Earlier this pilot season, she was attached to ABC’s drama project One Police Plaza, which was developed for her through ABC Studios and studio-based Mark Gordon Co. In it, she was slated to play another top New York law enforcement officer, the city’s first female commissioner. Bassett, repped by Gersh and Lighthouse, will next be seen in Jumping the Broom and Green Lantern. On TV, she most recently co-starred on the final season of ER.
Angela Bassett To Star In ABC Pilot 'Identity'
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘Lethal Weapon’: More On The Incidents & On-Set Environment That Led To Fox Series’ Limbo
- ‘Schoolhouse Rock’ Creator-Songwriter Bob Donough Dies At 94
- Latest Bankruptcy Filings Reveal Extent Of Weinstein Co. Woes
- Prosecution Attacks Bill Cosby & His Lawyers In Closing Argument – Update
- ‘The Path’: Star Aaron Paul Reacts To Cancellation Of Hulu Series
- Webby Awards: ‘Game Of Thrones’, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Lady Gaga Among Winners