Angela Bassett is set as a lead in ABC’s drama pilot Identity. The project, from ABC Studios, Mark Gordon Co. and writer John Glenn, is an action procedural based on a British format, which centers on an elite police unit formed to combat the explosion of identity-related crime. Bassett will play Martha, the Special Agent in charge of the FBI’s new Identity Crimes Unit. Bronx-tough Vassar graduate from Greenwich, Martha is determined to make a go of this division, using sophisticated technology combined with good old fashioned investigative methods. The casting extends Bassett’s relationship with ABC, ABC Studios and producer Mark Gordon. Earlier this pilot season, she was attached to ABC’s drama project One Police Plaza, which was developed for her through ABC Studios and studio-based Mark Gordon Co. In it, she was slated to play another top New York law enforcement officer, the city’s first female commissioner. Bassett, repped by Gersh and Lighthouse, will next be seen in Jumping the Broom and Green Lantern. On TV, she most recently co-starred on the final season of ER.
Angela Bassett To Star In ABC Pilot 'Identity'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Melissa Benoist As Supergirl: First Look
- Anna Paquin To Star In ‘Madame X’ Mini In Works At HBO With Jack Black Producing
- Disney Channel Orders ‘Best Friends Whenever’ Series Starring Landry Bender
- NBC’s ‘Allegiance’ Pulled From Schedule; ‘The Slap’ Moves To 10 PM
- Talpa Media USA Shopping ‘The Big Picture’ Interactive Game Show
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’