Who said that there was no deep thinking in Hollywood studio films? Disney has hired Malcolm Gladwell to smarten up Hexum, a drama script from David Arata, whose credits include Spy Games and Children of Men. The Hexum protagonist is a CIA threat-assessment analyst, an alternative-thinking brainiac who is relegated to a distant corner of the CIA where he assembles theories nobody pays attention to. By connecting a series of seemingly random occurrences, he uncovers a sinister adversary planning an imminent global threat. And of course, his biggest challenge is to get anybody to believe him. Gladwell, the New Yorker writer best known for writing the books The Tipping Point: How Little Things Make a Big Difference and Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, will inject some real logic into the wiz kid’s theories, and will get credit as executive producer.
Alternative Thinker Malcolm Gladwell Smartens Up Disney Drama 'Hexum'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
Latest Film News
- China Box Office Tops $7.5B Milestone; Admissions Up 15% So Far In 2017
- Natasha Henstridge, Tamer Hassan & Lady Clara Paget Team For UK Horror Feature
- PGA Awards Unveil Documentary Feature Nominees
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Final
- ‘Coco’ Review: Pixar Does It Again With Dazzling New Toon
- Can ‘Coco’ Whip ‘Justice League’ For Top Spot Over Thanksgiving Stretch? – Box Office Preview