Who said that there was no deep thinking in Hollywood studio films? Disney has hired Malcolm Gladwell to smarten up Hexum, a drama script from David Arata, whose credits include Spy Games and Children of Men. The Hexum protagonist is a CIA threat-assessment analyst, an alternative-thinking brainiac who is relegated to a distant corner of the CIA where he assembles theories nobody pays attention to. By connecting a series of seemingly random occurrences, he uncovers a sinister adversary planning an imminent global threat. And of course, his biggest challenge is to get anybody to believe him. Gladwell, the New Yorker writer best known for writing the books The Tipping Point: How Little Things Make a Big Difference and Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, will inject some real logic into the wiz kid’s theories, and will get credit as executive producer.
Alternative Thinker Malcolm Gladwell Smartens Up Disney Drama 'Hexum'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Jessica Chastain Circling ‘It’ Sequel, Just As Team Muschietti Planned
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Director Randall Miller Asks Court To Drop CA Supervision
- ‘Change In The Air’, Starring ‘Mrs. Maisel’s Rachel Brosnahan, Floats To Screen Media – Berlin
- Lionsgate’s Execs Erik Feig, Patrick Wachsberger Likely To Leave Motion Pictures Department
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules
- Bart & Fleming: One Of Us Has Oscar Vote And Is Reluctant To Cast It On A Netflix Film