Who said that there was no deep thinking in Hollywood studio films? Disney has hired Malcolm Gladwell to smarten up Hexum, a drama script from David Arata, whose credits include Spy Games and Children of Men. The Hexum protagonist is a CIA threat-assessment analyst, an alternative-thinking brainiac who is relegated to a distant corner of the CIA where he assembles theories nobody pays attention to. By connecting a series of seemingly random occurrences, he uncovers a sinister adversary planning an imminent global threat. And of course, his biggest challenge is to get anybody to believe him. Gladwell, the New Yorker writer best known for writing the books The Tipping Point: How Little Things Make a Big Difference and Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, will inject some real logic into the wiz kid’s theories, and will get credit as executive producer.
Alternative Thinker Malcolm Gladwell Smartens Up Disney Drama 'Hexum'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Universal, Will Packer Land David E. Talbert Spec ‘A Meyers Thanksgiving;’ Eye Holiday 2016
- ‘Black-Ish’ Creator Kenya Barris To Script ‘Good Times’ Film
- Joel Silver Teams With Financier Daryl Katz, Launches New Company; Hal Sadoff CEO
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Hammers Out $200.2M Overseas – Update
- Don M. Mankiewicz Dies: Oscar-Nominated Screenwriter, Novelist Was 93
- CAA Promotes 20 Trainees: 16 To Agent, 4 To Executive