Former Heroes star Adrian Pasdar is back at NBC, this time on the comedy side. In what would be his first regular gig on a half-hour series, Pasdar has been tapped as the male lead opposite Sarah Paulson in NBC’s untitled Kari Lizer pilot. The project, from Warner Bros TV, is a workplace comedy about Mary Leahy (Paulson), a relationship-challenged woman who, with the help of her co-workers, guides people through unexpected career transitions and downsizings. Pasdar will play Brad, a super-confident guy who has drunk sex with Mary in a bar bathroom. After seeing how charming he is, Mary and her partner ask him to join their company. This is actually Pasdar’s second comedy pilot, and both times he has been cast under Bob Greenblatt: In 2003, he did the Lifetime pilot A Screwball Homicide, which was executive produced by Greenblatt, now head of NBC, where the Lizer pilot is set. Pasdar, repped by ICM and Fidelity, recently did an arc on ABC’s comedic drama Castle.
Adrian Pasdar To Star In NBC's Kari Lizer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18