Adria Petty, the daughter of singer Tom Petty, has been set to make her narrative feature directing debut on Suffocate, a Ben Olson-scripted thriller for Radar Pictures. Petty has directed commercials campaigns for McDonald’s, Target and Converse and helmed videos for Beyonce, Regina Spektor and Anjulie. She directed the documentary Paris, Not France, which played the 2008 Toronto Film Festival, and directed a recent Live in London concert film with Spektor. Suffocate is a thriller about a group of city workers who enter a hoarder’s condemned brownstone and find it loaded with deadly traps, and an unrelenting killer. The group is forced to use their wits–and demolition tools–to stay alive. Petty is repped by Gersh and Kaplan/Perrone.
Adria Petty Directing Radar's 'Suffocate'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest Film News
- Thai Prison Fighting Drama ‘Champion’ Coming From Storyscape & Pioneer
- ‘Remember’ Review: Oscar Winners Christopher Plummer & Martin Landau Drive Powerful Holocaust…
- Annapurna’s Kim Fox Joining Marc Butan’s MadRiver Pictures As Partner, Launching International Sales Arm
- Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says ‘Star Wars’ Grabbed $50M-$100M From ‘Mockingjay 2’; Stock…
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Pummeling ‘Caesar’, ‘Zombies’ & ‘The Choice’ At Weekend B.O.…