Adria Petty, the daughter of singer Tom Petty, has been set to make her narrative feature directing debut on Suffocate, a Ben Olson-scripted thriller for Radar Pictures. Petty has directed commercials campaigns for McDonald’s, Target and Converse and helmed videos for Beyonce, Regina Spektor and Anjulie. She directed the documentary Paris, Not France, which played the 2008 Toronto Film Festival, and directed a recent Live in London concert film with Spektor. Suffocate is a thriller about a group of city workers who enter a hoarder’s condemned brownstone and find it loaded with deadly traps, and an unrelenting killer. The group is forced to use their wits–and demolition tools–to stay alive. Petty is repped by Gersh and Kaplan/Perrone.
Adria Petty Directing Radar's 'Suffocate'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- ‘Marshall’ Trailer: Chadwick Boseman Stars As Pioneering Supreme Court Justice
- In Battle Of The Film Festivals, Telluride Comes Into Town And Upstages LAFF In Its Own Backyard
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
- New Leadership Coming To WGA West: President Howard Rodman Won’t Seek Re-Election
- Barry Levinson On ‘Wizard Of Lies’, Bernie Madoff And The Modern American Crime
- Focus Lands Joel Edgerton’s ‘Boy Erased’; Lucas Hedges, Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman Star