EXCLUSIVE: ABC has given a series order to 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show, a game show based on Endemol’s international format. Hosted by Jeff Sutphen (BrainSurge) and executive produced by Matt Kunitz (Wipeout), the six-episode series is slated to run this summer. 101 Ways, which shot a pilot for ABC last summer, features contestants competing in a series of multiple-choice questions for a $50,000 cash prize. The twist is that the main attraction comes after a contestant is actually eliminated as each of them is being ejected from the show in a spectacular fashion – i.e., being flown away strapped to the wing of a biplane, shot out of a cannon, pushed off the top of a moving semi-truck, dragged underwater by a one-ton anchor or yanked off a dock by a speedboat. Ouch! “101 Ways to Leave a Game Show is unlike any other show we’ve done before,” said David Goldberg, chairman of Endemol North America, which will produce 101 Ways for ABC. “Incorporating action-packed stunts that will eject contestants so outlandishly within the show, is sure to keep contestants and viewers on the edge of their seats having no idea what to expect next.” The British version of 101 Ways aired on BBC One over the summer.
ABC Picks Up '101 Ways To Leave A Game Show' To Series For Summer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'